• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - New York Comic Con April 18-20, 2008

237 posts in this topic

Thats a crazy list :insane:

Yep, and that's putting it lightly! :headbang: Can't wait!!!

Remind me to bring your sketch pad :gossip:

Remind me to bring your comics, and the money for the OA I owe ya :whistle:

Remind me to show you a hotel :busy:

This is getting kind of personal now. You boys take this offline now, ok? :luhv:

This is getting kind of personal now. You boys take this offline now, ok? :luhv:

Just don't act out the zombie king scene rantrant

lol

Just don't act out the zombie king scene rantrant

hm

Another cancellation:

Dave Sim (Cerebus, upcoming Glamourpuss and Judenhaas) was supposed to be appearing at the Jetpack Comics booth on Friday and Saturday.

Dave has cancelled this and other upcoming appearances such as The Beguiling Signing and Industry Night in Toronto on April 30 and the Motor City Comic Con in late May.

More Additions:

Boom! studios has announced creators like Mark Waid and JM DeMatteis will be at their booth.

Top Cow has announced appearances by creators like Stefan Stepjic, Seth Green and more.

I got the Romitas on my ASM v2 #1 DF cover already signed by Stan Lee and my Peter Parker v2 #1 DF cover also signed by Lee. Those werent the hard ones as they were signing at the CGC booth. Joe Simon on the other hand was so hard to track down as he was on the move. I almost thought people were lieing to me about him actually being there. I finally tracked him down to Peter Davids booth and was told that he was there only as a "citizen" at this point. I saw him signing some books for people and I asked will he be here for a while siging and they said they were just waiting on a car to pick them up so no guarantees. I ran back to the CGC both where I submitted my Cap #100 signed by Stan Lee and My Cap #109 and told Kevin to crack them cause I found Joe Simon. Ran over and got them signed with my hands shaking and got them back to the CGC booth where I will have them back in a few weeks. That made my day that really started of horribly so much better.

It was crazy hectic, i got maybe 13-14 joe simon sigs, 13-14 john romita sr, and some jrjr,1 stan lee, 1 sketch from joe sinnot which is 5X signed plus some sigs from him, 2 un endorsed sigs from steranko at $3 a sig, i got some insane Finch sketchs(1 is completely golden with 5X sigs in gold and a $60 Finch skrull spiderman on a spiderman 36 wtc its pretty nuts, ill have pix up in a month. Also got some jerry robinson and neal adams.

Frank Miller screwed me and plenty others, to all cgc ss witnesses that tried for miller with me i tried my best and so did we all theres gotta be another way to have this guy sign some books, sorry bout all the upsets with that signing the posters were pathetic!

It was very disorganized and ran poorly by the comic con staff.

but...

i did get lots of stuff!