• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first comic?

311 posts in this topic

My older brother bought me a copy of ASM #175 while I was in the hospital getting my tonsils out... Punisher and Spidey versus the Hitman - it'll always be a classic to me. :)

No idea either, but pretty sure it was a 40-cent 17-pager from the late 1970s. One of the junkiest eras in comics, but I still have strong nostalgia for those books! :cloud9:

you got started pretty early Monsieur P5! I think my first book would have been when I was about 7 or 8, which would be about 79 or 80. That's when I started getting an allowance! The first book I still have in my collection is an FF 230. The cover is very faded due to my reading it outside in the sun all the time.

first comic as a kid, in 1974, at a flee market...Silver Surfer #1 for a $0.15 (lost it somewhere through the years)...first SA comic, as an adult..AF15 restored vf for $1500 in 1988....first GA comic, as an adult, Action comics 1, $15000, in 1991....

something about "15"

Hulk 150, Iron Man 46, and Amazing Adventures 11 bought off the stands

at the local U-Tote-Em. U-Tote-Em was a chain of local convenience stores that eventually spread all over the state of Texas. They were bought out for big dough in the early eighties. The grandson, and heir, now buys his comics from Bedrock.

Kind of cool how the world works.

Amazing Spider-Man # 259 was the first one that I bought with my own money after riding my bike to the local 7-11. :cloud9:

Pretty good issue. I've loved Mary Jane every since. If I ever meet Joe Q it's gonna be ugly...