• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first comic?

311 posts in this topic

The first "adult" comic I ever read was an old "Men at War" one, without a cover, that my Grandma got me at a second hand store.

We always had a Richie Rich comic around the house even before that though, but the "Men at War" really started my love for comics. I was about 6 years old at the time.

A stack of some 60s and 70s comics my uncle gave me when I was like 8. It was a great mixed pile of disneys and westerns, some horror, just everything. It made me obsessed with old comics and finding them, because at the time in the early 80s no new comics I saw interested me. The huge variety of types of comics there used to be made me obsessed with finding any I could.

Bought my first comic book off the rack at a neighborhood store called the Creamery. I still have the original copy although it`s a bit beat up. I just loved the cover. From that day on I was hooked. Been collecting now for over 40 years.

n3b14m.jpg

Pretty sure this was the first book I purchased. 1/2-Priced Books in Webster, TX. Bought this one and a few others but this is the one I remember. From there, I walked in to the new comic store in Clear Lake on Hwy 3 and browsed at all of the new releases...one caught my eye. I asked about it an one of the store employees told me it was a new series by the hot artist that had recently done work in Amazing Spiderman...I credit Spawn #1 for spawning my collecting habit, but this Mars book kicked it off.

ab7660d686715d996c1e428f165d769b.jpg