• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

The sketch was a Christmas present from my wife and the custom frame and matte work was done by my father-in-law for my b-day. The matte work was done to cover up some personalization to previous owner. Anyhow, just got it today!

Silver Surfer by Ron Lim

DSCN6635.jpg

Here is the dark knight painted by Tommy Lee Edwards

IMG_0593a.jpg

A cartoon cell signed by Stan Lee(pictured signing item)

IMG_0594a.jpg

Wolverine drawn by Billy Tan

wolvoreine.jpg

David Finch moon knight

davidfinchmknight.jpg

Ethan Van Sciver atrwork on sketchbook

ethanvansciverGL.jpg

Here are a few of my framed pieces. I started out using fancy frames on some things, but realized that for most comic pages I like a very simple black metal frame with a white matte and black edging. I have also done black matte too but for whatever reason I really like the white matte. (shrug)

The Crow by James O'Barr. One of the earliest pieces of OA I ever bought -- I started collecting art in the very early 1990s. I bought some O'Barr Crow sketches, a couple Iron Man pages from John Romita Jr., and a painting from Dark One. My wife really liked this piece so we gave it a nice fancy frame -- I think the framing might have cost more than the art! lol

DSC02619.jpg

Avengers 3 page by Jack Kirby. Here's the plain white matte mentioned above. I think I like the white because it doesn't compete with the art for attention.

DSC02618.jpg

TOS 84 featuring Cap vs Super Adaptoid. I framed this with a copy of the page as printed in the comic as well as with the cover of a TOS 84. It's one of my favorite stories from childhood so I gussied up the presentation a bit.

DSC02614.jpg

Journey Into Mystery 125 splash. I thought about using a big fancy frame for this splash, but decided again that less was more. The images of Thor and the witch doctor just jump off the page. I wonder sometimes how it would look with a black matte. hm

DSC02612.jpg