• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Avengers 3 page by Jack Kirby. Here's the plain white matte mentioned above. I think I like the white because it doesn't compete with the art for attention.

DSC02618.jpg

Hey Rhino, I know it's a few pages back, but I LOVE this page. Kudos to you for landing it. I agree that the white matting was a smart move, and it doesn't compete w/ the art.

Can I ask how long you've had it and how much it was (just curious how much Kirby pages are, you don't have to answer if you don't want to - I'm just very impressed!)?

I just went through as well and this piece caught my eye...beautiful piece and I agree on the framing...

Guys, I need opinions please...

I'm on the verge of finally getting the below cover framed. I'm planning on getting museum glass and a getting a custom frame. I really want this to be an awesome display

That said, I can't decide which look I like better (these are rough mockups). I'm leaning towards the red mat but the charcoal grey looks sweet too. I like how the grey sort of fades in but I also like how the red pops out.

Thoughts?

1200609172-5.jpg1200609172-3.jpg

I think the grey is more understated on a piece that is already full of color and 'statement'; but the red definately pops the turtles out of the background more...

I think you've completely captured my thoughts on both options. Still not sure which way to go. Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Wow. Just when I thought the concensus was grey, a slew of reds come in. And I agree, I really don't think I can go wrong either way. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks again everybody!

Most everything in my CAF is framed...

Phil Hale, Kent Williams, Jon Muth, Dave McKean, Ashley Wood, Paul Smith, Jill Thompson, Mike Allred, etc.

To me, if I can't see it, why have it? After years of artworks tucked away in portfolios and flat files, once my wife and I started getting the bulk of our work up, it really transformed the art owning experience, and we really catch a lot of compliments and questions from people not into comics or art in general.

-e.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=7723

Thanks for the welcome. I find it curious that this board is so active but the one on CAF is so dead. Is there a reason behind that? Is it a matter of which was established first? Dunno why but I just stumbled across here the other day and had been meaning to check it out.

Plenty of familiar screen names here.

-e.