• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2022 at 3:29 PM, G.A.tor said:

Each week I switch out my mantle with different SS oa. This week the line up is pretty good. 

066D8705-5F35-4F00-8D3F-B76D416EE14D.jpeg

:golfclap:

Do you display your other pieces in another room and bring these out to showcase them? I'm guessing you have a huge collection of OA, do you have it filed or on display?

On 8/17/2022 at 4:31 PM, G.A.tor said:

I only have surfer art. Unfortunately I only get to display 5-7 pieces at a time. But I rotate weekly so see each piece on display  at least once a year 

AD5DCB37-CC6F-413A-BC65-5DDFC0E3CE68.jpeg

Ahh, very cool - I think that concept works out well if you don’t want to chew up every square inch of wall space in your home.  I really like how they look with the matting around them. That’s a nice, consistent way to display. Do you have them shrink-wrapped or did you find a bag large enough to accommodate the page, matting and foam core?

On 8/17/2022 at 5:38 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Ahh, very cool - I think that concept works out well if you don’t want to chew up every square inch of wall space in your home.  I really like how they look with the matting around them. That’s a nice, consistent way to display. Do you have them shrink-wrapped or did you find a bag large enough to accommodate the page, matting and foam core?

They are all matted and in poster sized mylar 4mil

Edited by G.A.tor

On 8/17/2022 at 4:55 PM, G.A.tor said:

They are all matted and in poster sized mylar 4mil

I found t some mylars for poster art - but they don’t have flaps. Is there a reason for this or do I need to keep looking for the ones with flaps (like comic mylars).

I was wondering if they don’t have flaps to let the acid in the paper vent out if being stored long-term? 

On 8/18/2022 at 3:57 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I found t some mylars for poster art - but they don’t have flaps. Is there a reason for this or do I need to keep looking for the ones with flaps (like comic mylars).

I was wondering if they don’t have flaps to let the acid in the paper vent out if being stored long-term? 

I fold over and tape down   About a 3” excess works perfectly 

I believe code is 1422 

Edited by G.A.tor

On 8/18/2022 at 5:10 PM, G.A.tor said:

I fold over and tape down   About a 3” excess works perfectly 

I believe code is 1422 

Thanks - I will check those out tonight, I appreciate the tip!

Picked up two pieces by Liam Sharp from Albert's booth at Baltimore Comic Con a few weeks ago.  Really fun time at the con this year.  I need to go to more shows as I tend to run into things that are not online (or maybe I'm not as obsessively checking as some of you).  To that point, Albert had a whole portfolio of new art that Liam recently gave to him, none of it even priced yet.  I saw this splash and pretty much knew this was the example for me.  Love the loose rendering, really different from the other piece I picked up which is a tightly rendered WW pinup.  It's huge, 21" x 16.5".  This is from GL Season 2, #7, page 22.  Written by Grant Morrison.

Green Lantern Season 2, #6, Page 22 - Liam Sharp.jpg

GL Season 2 OA.jpg