• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dick Tracy 1 CGC VF- profits to go to Shiverbones

19 posts in this topic

Alrighty, I see some people putting up some big items for shiverbones medical benefit, but I just can't out of pocket that much right now. I know it's a board violation, but people seem to be going the auction route on these, and because I am not actually profiting from any subsequent bids.... Anyway, I've never had any dealings with shiverbones, just admired his work and he seems like a class act.

So here is a nice CGC'd Tracy #1 VF- C/OW pages -- highest in census is only a VF+, so this isn't one of these Dells where there are a bunch of HG copies out there.

I'm starting the bidding at $160, which is my out of pocket (actually, I think I paid more a long time ago) and I'll eat priority mail shipping in the U.S. and charge actual cost for foreign Anything over $160 goes to shiverbones (and yes, rest assured, he will get it).

Even if it goes for OPG (which I think is well over $200), putting aside any slabbing premium, that'll be a nice little contribution to shiver like an $80 gauze change or whatever absurd amout they charge the uninsured.

Bid in $5 increments if you wish. I'll close this out Sunday at midnight, EST.

Extra goodies tossed in if this gets a decent price.

Sorry, but here are some horrible photos.

dicktracya.jpg

dicktracyb.jpg

OPG is $255 on this, assuming I can figure out how to do that based on the VF price of $300 and Fine price of $120. That IS NOT any sort of stain going on up top, but the way the light reflected when I took the picture. This IS NOT one of those examples of CGC taking it easy on a GA book, the grade is spot on. Last I looked three higher in the census -- at a VF and VF+.

ciorac needs another golden age book like a hole in the head! come on people, bid!