• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PARADISE TORONTO COMICON JULY 12-13 2008

221 posts in this topic

As a side note-- AlexH is one of the classiest guys ever. I don't think it's aprropriate to tell either story that caused me to say this-- but kudos to him nonetheless.

Spill it.. you brought it up

As a side note-- AlexH is one of the classiest guys ever. I don't think it's aprropriate to tell either story that caused me to say this-- but kudos to him nonetheless.

I got him the cover to Ion #1. :baiting:

I had a blast at this as well. Kind of got a different perspective since I volunteered for the show this time around. Was glad I did. Had a totally different experience because of it.

Was good seeing everyone there as well. Got to meet a couple new board members as well as the usual suspects that I really don't see often enough.

Big thanks to Peter and Doug for another great show. I really didn't think my opinion of either of them could be any higher, but if it were possible surely it would be.

Thanks for the kind words bud. Anytime.

lol We'll stick with this as the official story, I think. ;)

cool... So I can fire the hunter and hire an assasin

It was a nice set-up. Two rooms connected by an "artists concourse".

I didn't pickup as many books as I might have liked but the ones I purchased were an excellent deal.

Though I would get the Holiday Inn management to turn up their lights. Middle-aged eyes have enough trouble examining comics up close. :grin:

CRYSTAL FRACTAL UNIVERSE 0.0 RECEIVES FAN ACCOLADES AT THE PARADISE TORONTO COMICON

Toronto – Crystal Fractal Comics launched at the Paradise Toronto Comicon with “Crystal Fractal Universe 0.0” to positive fan reaction.

“Crystal Fractal Universe 0.0” provides a glimpse of the upcoming line of comics including “Doctor Twilight”, “Magus Rex” and “Project Epsilon London Town” and includes two short stories including “CFU The Crossing” written by Derrek Lennox with Jeffrey Haas and art by JianYi. This edition was limited to 1600 copies, including 25 that were set aside for the CGC Signature Series.

To accompany the launch, the crystalfractals.com website now features descriptions and details on more than a dozen of the characters launched at the show.

“The fan reaction was even better than we expected!” said Shawn Smith, Creative Director and Head Writer for Crystal Fractal Comics, “Artist Sam Agro and creator Derrek Lennox did several hundred sketches for excited fans and we keep hearing that other book publishers are going to adopt the “back cover sketch area” concept that went over exceedingly well as an alternative to the blank cover seen at conventions and in comic stores over the past few years.”

Crystal Fractal Comics is a Toronto, Ontario, Canada based comic book and character property company.

For further information contact:

Derrek Lennox

Crystal Fractal Comics

dslennox@crystalfractals.com

Thanks to everyone that came out to the 2008 Paradise Toronto Comicon at the Holiday Inn! With the show evolving over the past year including the change in location, and more importantly with management, things went very smoothly, and from the feedback we have received, the general opinion was that it was another success. We would like to extend a special thank you to our Guests of Honour Herb Trimpe, Joseph Michael Linsner, and Greg Land for going above and beyond in pleasing the fans. We would also like to thank all our guests for understanding that a great show starts with great people and we could not have asked for a friendlier and outgoing group of creators. However, with a move in venue and moving into a very busy Toronto Summer, as a result our attendance fell for the first time in 5 years (4514 attendees). With the unanimous agreement that the Holiday Inn is a superior venue for us and this new momentum we will be able to bring these numbers back up next year. Once again we would like to extend a big thank you to everyone who came out.

Congratulations Guys... You got more people than we did for our Fan Appreciation event back in April, which was very busy... Im really happy things worked out very well for the Paradise event... Nice to see another Toronto event succeed...

Lets hope the momentum continues on with the August event...

hsm

PS: Just so there is no issue with any type of scheduling conflict, we have confirmed our fan appreciation event for April 18-19, 2009...

It was great! Looking forward to bigger and better things...

Gang, I can't say enough about Peter Dixon.

I met him face to face in Chicago and we spoke for the first time.

Guy is straight up and easy going. As solid as they come.

I'll be hitting Paradise Comics within the next week or two to check it out. I've never been.

:headbang:

thanks for a great show Pete!

It was great! Looking forward to bigger and better things...

Gang, I can't say enough about Peter Dixon.

I met him face to face in Chicago and we spoke for the first time.

Guy is straight up and easy going. As solid as they come.

I'll be hitting Paradise Comics within the next week or two to check it out. I've never been.

:headbang:

thanks for a great show Pete!

Petes in San Diego soon but Doug is there. Great guys both of them

Does anyone know (or Peter if he sees this) know if there are plans for another show this summer? It was a great show and I was wondering if the tradition was going to continue.

Hey there will definitely be a show this year we are just negotiating the dates more announcements will come soon (thumbs u

Does anyone know (or Peter if he sees this) know if there are plans for another show this summer? It was a great show and I was wondering if the tradition was going to continue.

Hey there will definitely be a show this year we are just negotiating the dates more announcements will come soon (thumbs u

Great news! :)

so.....any news?

From Sequential

The October date may have been a good slot depending on how close to Baltimore it was going to be. July 4th weekend would have been a killer one. It will be an interesting convention season across North America for the small to medium 2-3 day cons.

so.....any news?

From Sequential

The October date may have been a good slot depending on how close to Baltimore it was going to be. July 4th weekend would have been a killer one. It will be an interesting convention season across North America for the small to medium 2-3 day cons.

As it states in the note we are now gearing up for 2010 stay tuned for more information

so.....any news?

From Sequential

:cry: