• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW!!

45 posts in this topic

Bronzebruce13 asked :

"Off the Wall Question: If a new character is mentioned throughout a story and something significant is revealed, but he is not shown at all, even in a shadow...what is that called? (if it has even happened)... Does anybody know? Is that a worthless issue in regards to the character because he was not illustrated? "

I mentioned it in my last post, before reading this question. Warlock has a situation like this as his introduction is part of a Thor FF crossover... His first appearance and Origin are in FF 67 (1 page cameo).Thor 165 (released right after that) is his first full appearance (and the last 12 cent Thor). But they start talking about "HIM" as being this superpowered creature in FF 66 and Thor 163 and 164.

I actually have the FF 66 and a pretty good copy of the Thor 164 (about a 9.0) and in the Thor on the last panel you see Warlock's hand. So there you have it, Warlock is actually introduced over 5 issues and 2 titles.

Thor 165 books at $75 in 9.4, the other Thors are in the 30-50 range (about avg for issues in that span). Even though 165 is the first official full app of Warlock, it isn't nearly as popular as the FFs.

The FFs are much more popular and book at 115 and 130 respectively. You can find em on Ebay all the time in greast shape for well under that ungraded or graded below 9.0. The higher end stuff shoots up there.

Can you really pay too much?

I look back at all the books I have owned over the years, lots of them pedigrees and I wish I had them back!

Some of those books are worth 10X what I sold them for a few years ago.

If you see something you want, go for it, the market will catch up one day.

I don't think that the market will ever catch up to such great investments as:

worldcom (I personally lost $5K on this one), global crossing, adelphia, k-mart, enron, etc. . . .

At a certain price I think anything can be a good investment and a poor one.

DAM