• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone see the Superman 1, 9.0 on ebay?? WOW

52 posts in this topic

Wonder how much that will go for.

I bet it won't make reserve.

This is the same copy that Heritage sold on 7/14 for $18,000.00. The reserve has to be above that (you'd think). But not substantially, I would think.

Mine's not as bright:

http://www.avalonconsulting.biz/comics/images/supes001050a.jpg

http://www.avalonconsulting.biz/comics/images/supes001050b.jpg

But looks nearly as good (to me). I think Heritage brightened the image considerably.

That Superman #1 is never gonna reach reserve! I guess the final bid to be in the $45-$50k region. The reserve is bound to be $100k.

Take a look at THIS , their reserve was $140k, then they dropped it to $120k in email to all the bidders (including me).

I told them that they were dreaming and most of the bidders were 'thrill bidders', never heard from them again!

In my opinion, now is the time to get these gems! If that action #1 was grabbed for $50k (which it would have been without the thrillers!), then that would have been the bargain of the century!

K

That Superman #1 is never gonna reach reserve! I guess the final bid to be in the $45-$50k region. The reserve is bound to be $100k.

The seller doing plenty of this:

_38094482_pipemustcredit150.jpg

is the only way the reserve on that book could possibly be $100,000.

Hi, CosmicBob! I was looking at all the Superman #1's linked in this thread and noticed yours appears to have something different about it from the others. This may not mean anything but it may be a clue on how to tell the various Superman printings apart. Too bad they are all in slabs!

This may not mean anything but: Take a look at the letter "R" where it says 'ALL IN FULL COLOR'. Your "R" looks different than the "R" on the other 3 copies. It seems more 'typeset' whereas the others appear more 'hand lettered'. Maybe it's just your scan. I don't know what it means but I found it interesting.