• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone see the Superman 1, 9.0 on ebay?? WOW

52 posts in this topic

Do you have a house you can sell? It already sold.....I purchased it from a gentleman who owned it since 1969...He paid around $75......Lets just say 12 Hulk 181's in NM/M 9.8 is what its worth.....The Mile High copy is a VF 8.0, but those in the know....KNOW!!

Yea, Bechara has the Mile High Copy of Supes 1 8.0, That is a nice 7.5 though...but not everyone can be rich.

Kevin dont forget the MH Supes#1 has a fair amount of work done on it..... and Beschara paid a kings ransom for it a while ago (6 yeras already?) That 7.5 looks real nice.

I know what he paid for it..I don't know how much work was done to it though,If memory serves he was in the paper holding the book in one hand and a wade of cash in the other? I don't know if that was him,but 6 years or so ago seems about right confused-smiley-013.gif

it was a staggering $260K. But not cash. Beschara paid it off in time payments...and apparently kept paying long after it must have sunk in that he agreed to pay too much. He later claimed that he had turned down many offers for it.

The work was described to me once as more than a little: a big pencil erasure on the cover, I think some sealing and reinforcements... sorry, cant be very specific. But it was a lot more than some of the other MH keys with just a dot of color touch.

Kevin dont forget the MH Supes#1 has a fair amount of work done on it..... and Beschara paid a kings ransom for it a while ago (6 yeras already?) That 7.5 looks real nice.

I know what he paid for it..I don't know how much work was done to it though,If memory serves he was in the paper holding the book in one hand and a wade of cash in the other? I don't know if that was him,but 6 years or so ago seems about right confused-smiley-013.gif

Kevin,

You don't know what your talking about....You don't know comics and shouldn't be engaged in matters that relate to comics.

Sincerly,

Mudda Budda

Kevin,

You don't know what your talking about....You don't know comics and shouldn't be engaged in matters that relate to comics.

Sincerly,

Mudda Budda

If you would like to know anything about comics..please see MuddaBuda

Becharra told me that the book had some very minor color touch to it, but of course it still got the universal 8.0....He hints at wanting to sell the book. I can't imagine him making a profit, because $260K is STILL too much. It will be a long time before it will realize more that that! Does anyone have the pic or article of him holding the book?????

he knew...but just goes to show even an experienced dealer can feel the fever of owning the "best". It was 260 (or maybe 240), but definitely not 180. and it was paid off on time payments.

I heard he also traded a bunch of his primo Spidey's for it at nice multiples of guide, but I forget where I heard that from - it was not from Bechera.

DAM