• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(as per request) How about a magazine appreciation thread....

152 posts in this topic

Sweet stuff guys.

I wish I could have gotten my hands on some of the mags that were offered in the sales thread recently. There were some nice copies. Some looked like they might have been shown in this thread.

Great magazines everyone!

Never get tired of looking at this cover... Jaws, King Kong, a babe, white pages, top census, and it mentions Star Wars. What more could you ask for from a 70's cover?

FMOF146-1.jpg

:golfclap:

Here is my only magazine. My friends gave me this a few years back and I just held onto it for no real purpose so its the only one I have other then some Back Issues which probably don't count. This book had some cool stories in it though and come on its NINJAs lol.

ninja.jpg

Corben... (worship)(worship)(worship)

I put him right up there with Wrightson as far as horror artists go, IMO. :eek:

I love Corben but his work as compared to Wrigthson's pen and inks in the horror genre are unsurpassed. I'd go as far as to say his(Berni) work on Frankenstein was among the best pen and ink illustration of the last century (if not the best).

The effort supposedly drained so much energy from him that he has never been able to return to his form he captured at that time. Or so Iv'e heard. Makes for a good blurb anyways.