• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JRSR Commissions

10 posts in this topic

So, I'm inept at searching the internet. I figured John Romita Sr. would have a website, but I can't find one. I was sort of thinking about putting together some more collecting goals, and the idea of getting a Spidey head sketch from JRSR seemed like a great one to add to the (ever-growing) wishlist. So I'm appealing to my far more knowledgable collector friends for some assists:

1. Does he have an official site?

2. Does he normally do commissions?

3. Is he sometimes open to doing sketches at conventions?

4. What's the typical price range?

I've seen a few items up for grabs on Romitaman, but they were asking $500/ea. I'm still new to this sector, but that seemed like a bit higher than most head sketches (but yes, this is JRSR, so I know that will factor in significantly). Anyhow, any help would certainly be appreciated! THANKS!

i've seen him do the occasional headsketch/sketch at shows, but there are not many that I have seen. You might have a shot if he's taking donations for Hero's Initiative.

Ok... well, I consider myself better informed--thanks guys! Might be a little later down the road for me then which is okay. I usually do see one or two up for grabs on Romitaman, so when the time comes, I'll probably swing over that way.

Thanks again!

I saw him at SDCC in 06. He was doing a signing for ACTOR (I don't think they had made the change to the Hero Initiative yet, but I could be wrong) and would sign as many as you wanted for any size donation. The guy in front of me gave a buck, literally one dollar, and handed over a stack of at least 40 books. Mr. Romita signed them all. While we waited, my wife started to chat up Mrs. Romita, who was an absolute joy. I put in $40 and asked for a quickie sketch on a back board. He said he could only sign it due to the line. I was heartbroken, but ok with it as it was a good cause, he was very polite about it and did agree to a photo with me. He signed the board and was handing it back when his wife chimed in, "Do the Spidey eyes, you can the eyes quick." He shrugged and drew Spidey eyes. She said, "that looks silly, put some webs around it." Again, he shrugged and went to work. I wound up with a little head sketch minus the outline!

I'll try to remember to scan it tonight.....I really thought I had a scan on my site when I started typing this.

(shrug)