• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link Auction Closing in 1 Hour: Thoughts?

73 posts in this topic

which GL did you win?

pm if you want

I won the 39. I also won the GL 45, but I don't think it was one of yours and I got it for $50 under guide for a 9.0!. I bid and won the Hawkman 4 since I didn't win the GL 63.

I think I was the underbidder on the Hawkman 4...

That was my thought too as the edges and corners are :cloud9: that the new owner thought about a crack and resub. But even if the llc got pressed out, i dont see it becoming a 9.0. The spine tear will keep it out imho of 9.0

The question is then, what would a 9.0 garner?

I was watching that auction end. It was $701 until the last few seconds then shot up to $951.

Wow - just under $1000 for a lowly 8.5? Looks like my last copy of GL #76 (8.5ish) will be headed to CGC shortly.

I would say that is an aberration. I just sold a perfectly centered 9.0 with white pages a couple months ago for about $900 on ebay. I don't see a big move in 8.5s without higher grades going with it so it would seem to be auction frenzy to me.

I was watching that auction end. It was $701 until the last few seconds then shot up to $951.

Wow - just under $1000 for a lowly 8.5? Looks like my last copy of GL #76 (8.5ish) will be headed to CGC shortly.

I would say that is an aberration. I just sold a perfectly centered 9.0 with white pages a couple months ago for about $900 on ebay. I don't see a big move in 8.5s without higher grades going with it so it would seem to be auction frenzy to me.

This is why I wouldn't sell a GL 76 on ebay. Prices on 9.0s have routinely been above $1000, and I have sold two 9.0s privately for more than $1100 in the past three months.

Still, I think the real value behind an 8.5 is closer to $650 or so.

This is why I wouldn't sell a GL 76 on ebay. Prices on 9.0s have routinely been above $1000, and I have sold two 9.0s privately for more than $1100 in the past three months.

Still, I think the real value behind an 8.5 is closer to $650 or so.

Whoa ~ I'm 4 for 5 right now! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Some tasty Bronze-Age goodness!

So, once I breach 3-book S/H bracket, I go into my "pile 'em on mode". If the price seems right, I'll try to add a few more as it costs the same in the 4-10 S/H bracket. I ended up w/ 8 total... I'm really quite pleased!

Though, I did something that I have never done before... I bought 3 X-Men books! :o I feel so ashamed... nabbing 2 from the S.A. (1 w/ WP even), the other being B.A.! Both S.A. were half of OSPG (#37) and the B.A. was a 9.4 that was $16 less than OSPG in a 9.2?! :blahblah:

Still even for all that, it's under $400 Delivered... not bad, I'd say. :takeit:

All I know is I'm the one who sold Arex that GL 76 a few years back... guess you made out okay Arex! lol

...and I'm the one who sold it to you! $900 for an 8.5?!? Yikes.

I know... but to be fair, you and I didn't bother to slab it (though I did pretty much guarantee the grade to Arex) and Arex did... still you and I seem to be kings of leaving money on the table.

All I know is I'm the one who sold Arex that GL 76 a few years back... guess you made out okay Arex! lol

...and I'm the one who sold it to you! $900 for an 8.5?!? Yikes.

I know... but to be fair, you and I didn't bother to slab it (though I did pretty much guarantee the grade to Arex) and Arex did... still you and I seem to be kings of leaving money on the table.

Well, I sold the GL 76 on consignment, so I didn't really have a choice as to slabbing it or not.

Still, should have bought it myself!