• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Borrowed Memory!!!

17 posts in this topic

Sometimes the noodle gets overcooked and you lose it! I thought this would be a good place for us GA fans to ask "OK - I remember THIS plotline" but dam if I can remember the issue! Can anyone help? Please? Please?"

So, I will offer the first one. For pre-code horror fans it should be relatively easy as it IS an infamous story.

We have a high-class chef named (as I recall) Louie. Now Louie is an artist with the cutting board but a miserable sot when it comes to marriage. He treats his wife life scum, abusing her at the least provocation.

The final panel is the memorable one. After finally adding the straw that broke the wife's back, she retaliates and in the last panel you see a buffet of delights residing on the dining table: "Louis' Heart" "Louis' Brain" "Louis' Liver" etc etc. (or it may have been "This is Louis' Heart". "This is Louis' Brain" etc.)

Do ANY of you ffine ffolk recall what pre-code horror book this came out of?

i think it was in either dark mysteries or Mysterious adventures, check an older overstreet for the notation about fried body organs( i think they deleted it in newer editions) , i really think its like a mysterious adventures #16 or 18.... i am at work, i can't check.....

Hey Pov - according to tales too terrible too tell, the issue of Mysterious Adventures sounds right, but its "Francois" instead of louie. They print the money shot and a brief description in black & white in #5. Happy Hunting that is a TOUGH issue, i have never seen one for sale personally!

Hey Pov - according to tales too terrible too tell, the issue of Mysterious Adventures sounds right, but its "Francois" instead of louie. They print the money shot and a brief description in black & white in #5. Happy Hunting that is a TOUGH issue, i have never seen one for sale personally!

YES! It IS Francois! Now this is humiliating to one who constantly recommends TTTTT.

YES! It IS Francois! Now this is humiliating to one who constantly recommends TTTTT.

I thought I was the only one who loved TTTTT...I read them all the time, along with my EC reprints!

I thought I was the only one who loved TTTTT...I read them all the time, along with my EC reprints!

I read it voraciously when it was first publsihed, eagerkly awaiting the next issue. I lived in the Boston area at the time so was easy to get, being published by New England Comics Press. I really was looking forward to the real book, Terrology, they planned on making. I'm still trying to find out what happened. They sudddenly stopped printing the mags and the planned book itself...?????

Funny thing. You can order the complete set from New england Comicas on the internet for about $25, but issue number 9 is in, I believe, its 3rd printing. Wonder if that is a reflection of how many people are ordering these? Long live TTTTT!!!!!!!!!!