• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPEAKING OF ZILLAF4..............THE FIRELAKE COLLECTION............WOW!!!!

77 posts in this topic

I like all the books I get from Zilaf4

But now I've got an ebay gripe.

I USED to promote my other books in each auction listing.

In other words, after my title description and pic, I would also let potential bidders know what else I was selling that week in other listings or upcoming.

And ebay BLASTED me saying it was "keyword spamming" (even though I argued I had been listing ALL my auctions this way for 10 years).

They shut down every listing that I had and I had to start over.

So my person_without_enough_empathy is, obviously other sellers do the same thing all the time and they don't get shut down.

I hate those at Ebay that make the mess up as they go along, but damn if they don't want your 15% of sales money. And PAYPAL %

Just venting.

Thanks.

The USAF Mildenhall Collection...

*I've actually started unearthing a few more of them, too... :whistle: *

OMG, they're buried under ground?! :insane:

We ran out of racking space... :sorry:

More Mildenhall books.... :cloud9::popcorn:

Now go find the Lakenheath collection!

OMG, they're buried under ground?! :insane:

We ran out of racking space... :sorry:

Where is the list?

:frustrated:

Oh, and since we're griping about eBay, I'd like to take the time to thank Dan Greenhalgh for listing about five hundred slabbed Copper & Modern books in the Silver Age section. Makes the search that much more interesting

Oh, and since we're griping about eBay, I'd like to take the time to thank Dan Greenhalgh for listing about five hundred slabbed Copper & Modern books in the Silver Age section. Makes the search that much more interesting

What an azz. I'd love to hear his explanation for that one.

after going through my storage room i have come to the conclusion that I could be zillaf for about 3-5 months given that I have 2-5 copies of most BA non-key marvels (with the exception of the early X-Mens), sometimes 5-10 copies, and dupes of many DCs.

unfortunately, unlike zillaf, the vast bulk of my copies are in the VG to VF range, not VF to NM, so I don't think my $ results would be so great.

---------------

Hitting "sell similar" and not remembering to change that information in each subsequent listing?

Honestly, listing CA books in silver isn't going to help sell them! Bronze is a little iffier, particularly with early bronze.

He does it every friggen time and its a pet peeve of mine and I refuse to purchase anything from him :frustrated:

after going through my storage room i have come to the conclusion that I could be zillaf for about 3-5 months given that I have 2-5 copies of most BA non-key marvels (with the exception of the early X-Mens), sometimes 5-10 copies, and dupes of many DCs.

unfortunately, unlike zillaf, the vast bulk of my copies are in the VG to VF range, not VF to NM, so I don't think my $ results would be so great.

2-5 or 5-10 copies? You mean you could be zillaf for 1 week! :baiting:

SHOULD BE A PEDIGREE!!!

Godamit!

I will be talking it up as a Pedigree when I sell a few of them that I have upgraded at the upcoming local cons! (thumbs u

He does it every friggen time and its a pet peeve of mine and I refuse to purchase anything from him :frustrated:

pet peeve of mine as well. i've excluded him as a seller from my searches. i might miss a book now and then but i can't stand to slog through hundreds of copper/modern in the silver age section.

pet peeve of mine as well. i've excluded him as a seller from my searches. i might miss a book now and then but i can't stand to slog through hundreds of copper/modern in the silver age section.

:o You can do that? Someone please tell me how, I would cut my searches in half if I could exclude certain sellers.

SHOULD BE A PEDIGREE!!!

Godamit!

I will be talking it up as a Pedigree when I sell a few of them that I have upgraded at the upcoming local cons! (thumbs u

:hi:

Spead the word, bro! :headbang:

SHOULD BE A PEDIGREE!!!

Godamit!

:hi:

Spead the word, bro! :headbang:

Yeah, because that would that I would have about 50 times more peds than I have now. :wishluck:

Man,

This Firelake Collection is graded horribly...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-VERY-GOOD-4-0-1963_W0QQitemZ280212363144QQihZ018QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is not a 4.0. I just bought a slabbed FF #2 in about the same condition (same kind of edge tear and splitting) and it is a 2.5. This issue may be just slightly better (mine has a little soiling too), so maybe a 3.0.

Then look at the next book...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-2-FINE-5-5-1st-VULTURE-1963_W0QQitemZ330222991947QQihZ014QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The day that would grade a 5.5 is the day I jump off a bridge. At best that would be a 4.5, and I doubt it would CGC at that. Probably a 4.0.

All these RAW key books have been graded at least two and often three grades higher than they really are. I feel sorry for any suckers that pay for the listed grades....

Man,

This Firelake Collection is graded horribly...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-VERY-GOOD-4-0-1963_W0QQitemZ280212363144QQihZ018QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is not a 4.0. I just bought a slabbed FF #2 in about the same condition (same kind of edge tear and splitting) and it is a 2.5. This issue may be just slightly better (mine has a little soiling too), so maybe a 3.0.

Then look at the next book...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-2-FINE-5-5-1st-VULTURE-1963_W0QQitemZ330222991947QQihZ014QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The day that would grade a 5.5 is the day I jump off a bridge. At best that would be a 4.5, and I doubt it would CGC at that. Probably a 4.0.

All these RAW key books have been graded at least two and often three grades higher than they really are. I feel sorry for any suckers that pay for the listed grades....

Um,

not to be rude, but who the fak are you? And its good to know that you can grade from a scan :thumbsup: