• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Decades worth of Secret Invasion Planning?

18 posts in this topic

Looking through some of my moderns today and came across Marvel Knights Elektra 1. Look at who was the writer! And the storyline does briefly raise the question of why Elektra is still alive. Did Bendis have a plan that's taken a decade to unveil? ;)

sElektra1.jpg

Looking through some of my moderns today and came across Marvel Knights Elektra 1. Look at who was the writer! And the storyline does briefly raise the question of why Elektra is still alive.

People have been raising the question of why Marvel exhumed Elektra's corpse for decades, including Frank Miller, so that's hardly news.

Dunno if it's been a decade in the planning but I do remember Bendis saying there was a common thread he had seen for several years running in Marvel books. He said he was going to use it as the subplot for a lot of his work. I never really knew what he was talking about but maybe this whole Skrull thing is what he was talking about.

Dunno if it's been a decade in the planning but I do remember Bendis saying there was a common thread he had seen for several years running in Marvel books.

Yeah, it's called "Everyone returns from the dead, while exhibiting poorly-written characterizations in What If?-inspired stories", and that was hardly a difficult task. meh

Dunno if it's been a decade in the planning but I do remember Bendis saying there was a common thread he had seen for several years running in Marvel books. He said he was going to use it as the subplot for a lot of his work. I never really knew what he was talking about but maybe this whole Skrull thing is what he was talking about.

Yes, that is what he was reffering to, and it goes back at least as far as the start of New Avengers.

I believe Electra has always been the key to all of this so it's possible her book from years ago had some clues also.

Captain Marvel who recently returned is a Skrull. However, the real Captain Marvel is still alive. He is a captive of the Skrulls. Captain Marvel was replaced with a Skrull during the Kree/Skrull War in The Avengers during the early 1970s. Thus the real Captain Marvel was never exposed to the nerve gas during the battle with Nitro and is cancer free.

Captain Marvel who recently returned is a Skrull. However, the real Captain Marvel is still alive. He is a captive of the Skrulls. Captain Marvel was replaced with a Skrull during the Kree/Skrull War in The Avengers during the early 1970s. Thus the real Captain Marvel was never exposed to the nerve gas during the battle with Nitro and is cancer free.

Which would be awesome. Unless your Jim Starlin.

However, the real Captain Marvel is still alive. He is a captive of the Skrulls. Captain Marvel was replaced with a Skrull during the Kree/Skrull War in The Avengers during the early 1970s. Thus the real Captain Marvel was never exposed to the nerve gas during the battle with Nitro and is cancer free.

Wow, this may be a worse retcon than the "vegetable Iron Fist" scam. lol

Also, how did they explain away the fact that CM never turned into a Skrull when he died? I bet that was a doozy. :insane:

Looking through some of my moderns today and came across Marvel Knights Elektra 1. Look at who was the writer! And the storyline does briefly raise the question of why Elektra is still alive.

People have been raising the question of why Marvel exhumed Elektra's corpse for decades, including Frank Miller, so that's hardly news.

The easy (and possibly real) answer to why Marvel exhumed Elektra's corpse is because she sells comic books to fanboys. It's all about $$$. If she wasn't a fan-favorite, she'd still be dead.

Miller made an artistic decision when he killed her. Marvel made a financial decision when they brought her back.

However, the real Captain Marvel is still alive. He is a captive of the Skrulls. Captain Marvel was replaced with a Skrull during the Kree/Skrull War in The Avengers during the early 1970s. Thus the real Captain Marvel was never exposed to the nerve gas during the battle with Nitro and is cancer free.

Wow, this may be a worse retcon than the "vegetable Iron Fist" scam. lol

Also, how did they explain away the fact that CM never turned into a Skrull when he died? I bet that was a doozy. :insane:

I've read elsewhere that they don't always turn back to Skrulls. Apparently they didn't when impostering Wolverine a while back.