• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look at this Guys X-men Set

41 posts in this topic

As some of you may know, I am an avid X-men collector and I can honestly say that it kicks the of most of the collections in the registry. That is until I ran across this guys run -

Yikes!!!

All he needs is an X-men in 9.4 to replace his 9.0 and he has a virtually unimproveable collection.

Tom

As some of you may know, I am an avid X-men collector and I can honestly say that it kicks the of most of the collections in the registry. That is until I ran across this guys run -

Yikes!!!

All he needs is an X-men in 9.4 to replace his 9.0 and he has a virtually unimproveable collection.

Tom

Wow all that cash in one setting what a terrific accumulation of some really high grade X Men.I wonder what the overall QP is on most of those books?

Davidking623

You guys are all assuming that he started from scratch and paid nosebleed CGC prices for his entire collection. From the looks of it, he's likely a longtime collector who simply got his raw books CGC'd and bought some to fill in the blanks.

As noted from a 1983 collecting guide, buying the entire Ditko ASM run in NM would only have cost you a few grand. Even back then, if you "did a greggy" and were careful about condition (rather than "dealer condition") you would have come out smelling like a rose.

Even the big BSD Brulato had his collection intact well before CGC was even a glimmer in Wizard's eye.

You guys are all assuming that he started from scratch and paid nosebleed CGC prices for his entire collection. From the looks of it, he's likely a longtime collector who simply got his raw books CGC'd and bought some to fill in the blanks.

As noted from a 1983 collecting guide, buying the entire Ditko ASM run in NM would only have cost you a few grand. Even back then, if you "did a greggy" and were careful about condition (rather than "dealer condition") you would have come out smelling like a rose.

Even the big BSD Brulato had his collection intact well before CGC was even a glimmer in Wizard's eye.

JC Read my statement a little closer, accumulation not CGC bought books at nosebleed prices.It doent really matter he is at least smart enough to send them into CGC to maker the big buck rather then to sell them to Showcase or someone else like that Kudos to him!I realize he may not sell them but at least he is ready to go if he does!

Davidking623

Yikes!!!

Tom

893whatthe.gif

WOW - that's amazing! I wonder if this is Tom Brulato's collection?

WOW - that's amazing! I wonder if this is Tom Brulato's collection?

Brulato's is quite a bit better than that one. This Ghost Town guy also buys 9.4/9.6 Fantastic Fours from ebay...can't wait to see what those look like if they'd ever put up an FF set.