• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've never seen this before

2 posts in this topic

I was just in my local comic shop and they had a couple of real obscure Golden DC/EC books..."Picture Stories from the Bible"........... they had a copy of the Old Testament from DC,...and a copy of the New Testament from EC,...and then they had a 232 page complete Old Testament book from the mid 1940's that he said was published as a joint venture DC/EC,.... anyone know how rare are these books are?...I've never come across them before...........

J.D.

Not rare. And they were extensively reprinted during the 1940s. Started out as DC under Max Gaines, but some had the AA (All-American) logo. Then when Max and/or his son William started EC-- for "Educational Comics" originally lol--they got the rights to reprint the Picture Stories from the Bible. EC alone later did Picture Stories from Science and Picture Stories from American History.

The Bible issues are found in Gerber's Photo-Journal, and one or more of the printings shows up just about every week on eBay.