• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unrestored Detective #38...what's this gonna go for?

22 posts in this topic

Not as nice as the Allentown copy that JP now has....that was of course, Nic Cage's copy...

Yeah, that book is amazing. I wonder if it was especially difficult for him to part with that one. Anyone know what JP paid for it and what they're asking for it?

Not that I'm going to pick it up or anything...

Not as nice as the Allentown copy that JP now has....that was of course, Nic Cage's copy...

Yeah, that book is amazing. I wonder if it was especially difficult for him to part with that one. Anyone know what JP paid for it and what they're asking for it?

He paid $121,000 at Heritage, and he's asking $180,000 at this link: http://www.jp-themint.com/detail_comics.cfm?comics_id=1060

didnt he buy it after the auction was over? I seem to remember it failing to meet reserve and Hughes having it later at a show.

It shows up in the Heritage completed auction search as being sold with reserve met...that's where I got the price from, a minute before I posted it here.

I dont always remember sales stuff right. I spoke with him about what a good price it was, long term, but thats all. Funny, isnt it, the book sells in plain view of all the interested parties for one price, and a short time later the seller thinks its worth 50% more!!?