• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Hook Banned....

273 posts in this topic

I DO know that people here were acting like Brad got banned for doing or saying something that exposed a trim job that hurt CGC's credibility. I just wanted to set the record straight. He got banned for using the CGC site to perpetrate a scam and trying to pull something on par with the garbage he used to help expose.

Just thought this post needed to be emphasized.

Exactly how did Brad use this site for what went down?

Primarily the PM system of this place of business.

Well, according to Brad: "I never PM'd him using the board system. That's a fact."

Well, according to Brad: "I never PM'd him using the board system. That's a fact."

Sure, but he and D&SOW were PM'ing about the scam, right?

The point is that he USED the PM SYSTEM to PERPETRATE the SCAM.

Sure, but he and D&SOW were PM'ing about the scam, right?

The point is that he USED the PM SYSTEM to PERPETRATE the SCAM.

I guess if Red has done his deeds outside of the PM system and just used regular email, he would of been all fine.... in a manner of speaking.

Still it doesn't lessen his actions, just a hyppthetically applying to the internal community of the boards.

I gotta get to work. While you guys are hashing out another pressing debate, can you guys please address the issue of trimming as well. Can CGC detect it...or not?

See ya :hi:

OK, where is Chris and who are you?

I guess if Red has done his deeds outside of the PM system and just used regular email, he would of been all fine....

No, I think he still would have gotten a strike for his on-board behavior in that thread, but probably not banned.

Remember, PMs were only a small part of it, and there was a HUGE thread that Red waded into that caused the strikes/suspensions/bannings.

I guess if Red has done his deeds outside of the PM system and just used regular email, he would of been all fine....

No, I think he still would have gotten a strike for his on-board behavior in that thread, but probably not banned.

Remember, PMs were only a small part of it, and there was a HUGE thread that Red waded into that caused the strikes/suspensions/bannings.

True, he take an unrepentent stand in that thread, and did is level best to justify his actions... which from a bystanders point of view, did seem really wrong.

You do something wrong, get caught out, and then still carry on... your gonna get a big slap on the wrist.

Wow, that is harsh. I really hope the Mods would reconsider their stance on this.

IMHO, what he tried to do was not as bad as who he chose to do it with, and he shut it down after he realized it pretty quickly.

IMHO, what he tried to do was not as bad as who he chose to do it with, and he shut it down after he realized it pretty quickly.

Is that like when Christopher Scarver beat Jeffrey Dalmer to death in prison with a iron bar?

Is that like when Christopher Scarver beat Jeffrey Dalmer to death in prison with a iron bar?

Wow...do you go over the top much? (tsk)

Jim

I like red hook, adds a lot to the forum, don't the heads like Steve B have any say in these matters? I think the moderators over react on some things, I wonder if they dress up in Police uniforms before logging in? The CGC forum seems to be more like a police run state than what is was quite a few years back, at least then it was just witch hunters, now it's the boys in blue and witch hunters, jeez. And as for the moderators, they don't even reply to you when you ask them something of relevance, do they get paid for their job or is it all just for kicks?

herc

Before I commented, I wanted to wait and see whether or not it was truly a banning and now it has been confirmed.

I find this news unsurprising, but saddening. I like Brad and every time I have seen him in person and spoken to him he's been a great guy. What I could never understand, especially when things devolved between he and Scott (FFB), is how his board personality was very different in many ways than what I considered to be his "real" personality.

Brad was for honesty and integrity -- and the problem is, when you live by the sword you die by the sword. If you are going to be about exposing fraud etc., you cannot engage then in the very behavior that you actively and vocally campaign against. This was a bad judgment call on Brad's part and his lack of remorse -- and the I'd do it again -- portion of his statements really make it almost impossible for the mods, to me, to look the other way.

Still, I think you have judge a situation in its entirety. Was the fraud completed? Were there extenuating circumstances (meaning how much of a *spoon* goonchild was being)? Was he an otherwise positive contributor.

On balance, I think it was a harsh penalty to ban Redhook and I hope that this decision will be reevaluated. However, while harsh, I'm not sure it was truly "unfair".

What I have always asked is for the moderators to be consistent. Unfortunately, I don't think that's always done. It's been better -- but as I have said before Dena tends to have knee jerk reactions to situations that at times are not well thought out or make a lot of sense. I don't get the sense that was the case here. In fact, I am betting there was probably a group decision on Redhook.

In the end, this is a comic message board and Brad will find somewhere else to have a voice if he so chooses. He made his bed and now has to deal with the consequences. Still, I hope that the overall totality of Brad's conduct is what carries the day.

Yeah, just like that meh