• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for dealers for The Oconocon May 4th, WI

4 posts in this topic

Hello there everyone,

The Oconocon is Wisconsin's newest and largest comic book convention and we are looking for dealers to attend our first show

Show Info:

The Oconocon

May 4th 2008

The Olympia Center

1350 Royale Mile Road

Oconomowoc, WI 53066

Show Hours 10am - 4pm

Admission $6.00

http://www.theoconocon.com/

http://www.myspace.com/theoconocon

oconoconmail@gmail.com

1-920-319-6538

The Olympia is located between Milwaukee & Madison WI and only a two hour drive from Chicago. It boasts over 45,000 square feet of function space, standing as the 3rd largest Conference Center/Hotel in the state of Wisconsin. The Oconocon's room is 10,680 Square Feet will hold 100+ 8' tables with 8'ft isles.

With the additions I will be making this weekend it will push or guest list to over 50 confirmed guests.

The show will be focused mainly on comic and would prefer to have dealers with comic book related items only.We still have a few table's left but things are filling up fast.

8ft Dealer tables are $60, 2 for $110, 3 for $150. Pre-paid. Limited wall spaces. Contact For Availability

Each table is draped and has 4 to 5ft of space behind.

Setup time will begin at 7:30am with tear down at 4pm.

A locked room for limited storage is available for dealers and guests staying overnight at The Olympia starting at 4pm on May 3rd 2008.

PM me or send me an email for more info.

Well three month's ago this started out a lot smaller. I had planned for a handful of dealers and 5 or 6 guests. It kind of snowballed from there. Besides that I am all for creators setting up at shows and selling their work. By giving guests free 4ft sections it gives a lot of budding and small press creators a chance to be seen with out being tapped out but the high costs of setting up at a larger show. Dealer tables have also been lowered to $40 per 8ft table in response to the recent spike in gas prices.

Next year this show will be moved to a different date and bumped up to a two day show. There are quite a few big name guests and companies looking to attend the next show. I have a promotion set up with Midwest Airlines to help bring in guests and the discount code is good for all MA flights to Comic-Con as well.

A lot of people think "where the heck is Oconomowoc, this will probably be a small show". And they will be wrong. There are quite a few big city shows that are actually held in nearby towns or suburbs.

http://www.olympiaresort.com/

Check out the Resort website, the venue is BEAUTIFUL, it is easy to get to and has ample free parking. Tons better then driving and parking in Milwaukee. Throw in room rate of $109, over 50 guests, four panels, charity raffle with OA, Sketches & Prints, and you have yourselves a HUGE 6 hours!!!!