• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman rarities
3 3

332 posts in this topic

thanks guys :blush::blush::blush:

always a pleasure, and I enjoy the researching and finding, as much as the owning

Here's something I bought about a year back... art is by Chris Weston

I'd actually love to see new B&W material by Chris

MM%20BIG%20BEN%20C%20Weston_zpsiqv5co5w.jpg

Is Warrior #1 classed as a Miracleman rarity?

I bought one for £5 in 2007ish ~

"First appearance of V for Vendetta and, "Marvelman" (later becomes Miracleman)."

It's not a rarity. It's an important book, and worth having. But there were many printed and they can usually be found for sale, so, not a rarity.

that top set was one I sold recently, super-nice copies, but actually I once sold a set for £400+

None of the issues are "rare" but they are scarce in higher grade (9.0 and above) and almost non-existent above 9.4

Warrior 1 has a confirmed print run of just 44,000, distributed as

34,000 in UK

10,000 in USA

So it's very definitely uncommon in the States

Also assume the print run decreased as it went on, certainly no.25 & no.26 are less common than the preceeding issues

Warrior "#27" is quite hard to get hold of: a lot of them will have been chucked out me thinks (due to the way it was published).

Warrior1996SpringSpecial.jpg

THIS one, yes, tough to find. i'm still looking for mine!

hm $1,000,000 and it's yours but I might take offers :)

...I also have some Alan Moore scripts from Warrior (some carbon copy, some top copy but all from his typewriter and held together with dinky little staples).....open to ridiculous offers that would allow me to retire early :popcorn:

Never seen a copy of 27 for sale. Would be nice to finish off the set.

I remember buying (well, my dad) and reading Warrior as they were issued. :cloud9:

Never seen a copy of 27 for sale. Would be nice to finish off the set.

I remember buying (well, my dad) and reading Warrior as they were issued. :cloud9:

I bought the originals in the 80's at the time and thought it was a step up from 2000AD and collected them until the end (#26). I always look back thinking someone should fill the gap again with something similar but maybe it didn't sell enough to be viable and late teen interest seemed to migrate to comics like Viz (which sold over 900,000 copies of each issue by the end of the 80's).

I only spotted the 1996 special sometime in the early 2000's and got hold of it more out of curiosity. The cover is a reprint from an old Eureka! fanzine from 1971 (Ewan probably has one :) ) and the comic part of the book (around 20 pages or so) features unpublished material from the 80's. Dez Skinn had been producing Comics International for some time and I guess he just decide to print some of the unused Warrior material as a flip comic to #67 (he always says "Yorkshireman never throw owt away" so I guess he wanted to make use of it but took a decade to do so; he mentioned later that this was also to maintain copyright on Warrior).