• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Norton vs. Marvel or How they are probably screwing up another franchise

22 posts in this topic

Let's not forget :

The Punisher with Dolph Lundgren

Capt. America

Man Thing

Justice League - the Roger Corman version

Fantastic Four - also courtesy of Roger Corman

Man Thing - worst movie ever? :sick:

This should be interesting to see. This and IM are the first two Marvel movies the company has bankrolled exclusively...giving them final say on the finished product.

We'll now know whether a comic company can translate their characters successfully to film. It was real easy before to lay some of the blame on the Hollywood machine and them not understanding what made the comic characters tick with fans...now the focus is solely on Marvel.

Jim

Let's not forget :

The Punisher with Dolph Lundgren

Capt. America

Man Thing

Justice League - the Roger Corman version

Fantastic Four - also courtesy of Roger Corman

Come on, at least limit it to real studio movies, with a budget larger than what greggy spent for lunch. If you spend $150 million on a Hulk movie, don't be a jerk and compare it to a Corman $10K epic. doh!

FF was disappointing but entertaining none the less... more so the 2nd time around once you knew what to expect...

I think punisher is the only one I've been really disappointed with my self ... the new one that is ... I'll take the original punisher over watching the new one any time

I actually really liked the first Hulk movie. I liked the development of character, and when the Hulk arrived it was well done. The only things I didnt like about the first film were the Hulk's size change, and the irradiated dogs.

My hope is that the next film doesnt become a special effects fest. I still want the story, and of course, more Hulk.

PLEASE PLEASE do not make the Hulk stupid. I detest the "hulk smash big ears" way he speaks in the comics. The original Hulk, in the first 1-6 volumes and early Tales to astonish was not stupid, nor did he speak that way. he simply had a disdain for the weaker humans. Why does Marvel make him stupid? GRRR

They gave an early look at the upcoming Hulk 2 trailer today at NYCC. I'm not a big Hulk fan but I have to say it looked pretty good... some great scenes of the Hulk fighting the army and Brodsky. This film will apparently have A LOT of action in it and yes Hulk will say "Puny Humans!" and Hulk Smash!" One great moment was after the credits rolled on the trailer, the trailer kicked back in showing the Tony Stark/Robert Downey much rumored cameo (that brought a huge roar from the 3000 people in the auditorium). Another neat moment was when Lou Ferigno made a surprise appearance on the panel and confirmed that he has a part in Hulk 2.

I watched the theatrical trailer for the new Hulk last night, and it looks a lot better than the first one(which had its moments, but was too slow).

My hope is that the next film doesnt become a special effects fest. I still want the story, and of course, more Hulk.

That's essentially the problem, as Norton is angry that a lot of his scenes have been cut, and the movie has devolved into a FX fight-fest, which no matter how much if a nerd you are, is *not* good news.