• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you have $10,000...what, how and when?

18 posts in this topic

Just some questions to gauge how the coming recession is going to affect all of us comic fans.... so, if you have $10k now:

a) What will you buy - must be comic related

b) How will you buy - thru ebay, CLink, LCS....

c) When will you buy - today, next month....

Do share your suggestions.

I would probably buy a restored BATMAN #1 if I had 10 grand just for comics. I'd probably get it through one of the major dealers(Metro, Payette, etc.). I'd buy it as soon as I found the copy I want.

Just some questions to gauge how the coming recession is going to affect all of us comic fans.... so, if you have $10k now:

a) What will you buy - must be comic related I have a short list of Timely comics I want.

b) How will you buy - thru ebay, CLink, LCS.... Wherever they happen to show up for sale.

c) When will you buy - today, next month.... Whenever they happen to show up for sale.

a) A fairly nice 60's Kirby Doom OA page (a really nice one would cost double the amount)

or

an unrestored Batman #1 in 2.0

b) Whoever has the art for sale... pages like that aren't easy to find.

c) The minute I find what I'm looking for

My local LCS has a huge selection of GA. I'd hand the money to the owner and then start piling up books until he told me to stop.

A good chunk of that would be high grade Fiction House including a pedigree or two.

a) What will you buy - must be comic related A kickass MMC or Captain America Comics

b) How will you buy - thru ebay, CLink, LCS.... THe major dealers or one of the GA guys here on the boards.

c) When will you buy - today, next month.... ASAP/

Amazing Fantasy 15.If I could get a bargin.By that I mean not paying double guide.

Is today too early?But I would be patient to find a copy like Nerfs that shows soooo much better than the grade.

I would rather buy from a boardie.More of a family thing I guess.

Dennis

I'd spend approx. $6000 on a copy of AF15

I'd spend the rest on an ASM1

Obviously, neither would be 9.0s. But they'd both be nice enough for me. I'd buy them as soon as I can and I'd buy them from wherever I got the best deal.

-Rob-

$2,000 for an unrestored AF15 1.8

$2,500 for an unrestored ASM 1 4.0

$1,000 for an unrestored ASM 2 6.0

$500 for an unrestored ASM 3 5.5

$500 for an unrestored ASM 4 5.5

$500 for an unrestored ASM 5 6.0

$500 for an unrestored ASM 6 6.5

$500 for an unrestored ASM 7 6.5

$500 for an unrestored ASM 8 7.0

$500 for an unrestored ASM 9 6.5

$500 for an unrestored ASM 10 7.0

$500 for an unrestored ASM 14 6.0

A CGC 6.0 Unrestored White Paged ASM #15 :whistle:

You can get a nice silver Marvel key like AF 15 or X-Men 1 with $10,000 and those would be good choices if you are looking for potential future appreciation.

But, since I am a bronze collector, I would use the money to finish a deal to fill a few remaining holes in my bronze X-Men 94-143 run.

I have some bronze Spideys on my long-term want list and if I could find a nice 9.8 copy of ASM 129 for $10K, I would jump on it.

Would try to pick up AF#15 mid grade with nice pages (CGC so no surprises) and if possible Spiderman #1 (also CGC). Can't anticipate having that kind of disposable income too often in life. I will always have other opportunities to pick up lesser priced books but will seldom have the dough to pick up the big ticket books. I would probably take my time picking it out, wait for the best book for the money. Would be happy to buy it off a board member, I think they are on the whole the best graders, or any reputable seller