• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: BIG Job Interview Tomorrow!!!

29 posts in this topic

Big day tomorrow! I have an interview for a teaching position at an independent secondary school tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited. I'm slated to be at the school by 7:30am and will finish at 3:00pm. I'm scheduled for four interviews with the Dean of Faculty, Department Head, Provost, and Headmaster. I'm also supposed to do some classroom observations to get a solid feel for the place. Suffice to say, this is pretty much a finalist interview--either they're looking to confirm a decision to hire me or they're trying to make up their minds between myself and another person. Needless to say, while I'm pretty excited, I'm also really hoping this works out for me. From everything I've seen so far (and based on the position itself), this would be exactly what I'm looking for.

Sorry this isn't one of those sweet, sweet NYC Con Reports (man, am I loving them!). If I do get offered the job and get a higher salary, maybe I'll be afford to go to one of the big Cons and will do my part to report on one as well ;)

Dude you with your people skills you have nothing to worry about. If they don't hire you THE JOKES ON THEM!!! :roflmao:

Well, it was certainly a loooooong day--but a very productive one! As it turns out, it was a finalist interview with the second candidate being interview at the end of the week. I'm glad to go first as it gives me the chance to set the bar for the playing field so to speak ;) And I certainly think I did a fine job of

I think the only real issue that I see being a problem is that I am not looking to move on campus (most faculty at boarding schools live at the school). My wife and I own a house and as you all know, now is NOT the time to attempt selling. Otherwise, we'll see :)

Thanks for the well-wishes, and I'll let y'all know how it goes :grin:

Well, it was certainly a loooooong day--but a very productive one! As it turns out, it was a finalist interview with the second candidate being interview at the end of the week. I'm glad to go first as it gives me the chance to set the bar for the playing field so to speak ;) And I certainly think I did a fine job of

I think the only real issue that I see being a problem is that I am not looking to move on campus (most faculty at boarding schools live at the school). My wife and I own a house and as you all know, now is NOT the time to attempt selling. Otherwise, we'll see :)

Thanks for the well-wishes, and I'll let y'all know how it goes :grin:

:wishluck:

Big day tomorrow! I have an interview for a teaching position at an independent secondary school tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited. I'm slated to be at the school by 7:30am and will finish at 3:00pm. I'm scheduled for four interviews with the Dean of Faculty, Department Head, Provost, and Headmaster. I'm also supposed to do some classroom observations to get a solid feel for the place. Suffice to say, this is pretty much a finalist interview--either they're looking to confirm a decision to hire me or they're trying to make up their minds between myself and another person. Needless to say, while I'm pretty excited, I'm also really hoping this works out for me. From everything I've seen so far (and based on the position itself), this would be exactly what I'm looking for.

Sorry this isn't one of those sweet, sweet NYC Con Reports (man, am I loving them!). If I do get offered the job and get a higher salary, maybe I'll be afford to go to one of the big Cons and will do my part to report on one as well ;)

Ill keep my fingers crossed.I wwould say good luck but Im sure you dont need it.

Dennis