• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1

342 posts in this topic

What a *&$*&*&.....does his cell still work......seems like it's time to send his cell number to the local authorities to track his whereabouts.

cell # 216-659-3798

Oh, I know his whereabouts; that's what makes it REALLY odd. He works at the Cleveland Clinic as a "Unit Secretary". I would post his work # but with my luck he'd somehow end up suing ME! Arrggghhhhhh :censored:

with the postmaster witnessing the scam, I'm sure you can get an affidavit and take this guy to task.

Wow, that's crazy. That is the type of thing that makes my blood boil.

My best friend (who does some comic stuff as well) used to live outside of Cleveland, and still has family there. He might be going up sometime soon. If he does I'll see if he wants to try and make a collection.

Great! I'll make sure he's well compensated!!!

What a *&$*&*&.....does his cell still work......seems like it's time to send his cell number to the local authorities to track his whereabouts.

cell # 216-659-3798

Oh, I know his whereabouts; that's what makes it REALLY odd. He works at the Cleveland Clinic as a "Unit Secretary". I would post his work # but with my luck he'd somehow end up suing ME! Arrggghhhhhh :censored:

with the postmaster witnessing the scam, I'm sure you can get an affidavit and take this guy to task.

Funny you say that; I whipped up an impromptu hand-written affidavit right there on the spot and had the postmaster sign it; he was just as shocked as me!

Man, that really sux! What a dirtbag.

However, it's good you had the foresight to have the postmaster witness the opening of the package. That should be very helpful in your pursuit of justice. :wishluck:

My best friend (who does some comic stuff as well) used to live outside of Cleveland, and still has family there. He might be going up sometime soon. If he does I'll see if he wants to try and make a collection.

It might be better to do this "by the books". I'm sure Zaid could help you out; at the very least, he could point you towards the proper course of action.

Good luck, man.

Sorry, but that kinda stuff makes me pretty angry. I had a similar experiance around Christmas when I bought $800 worth of early Vampirella's from a guy in Texas. He notified the post office that he was shipping, but never shipped the box. It took almost 2 months to get my money back, fortunately it was thru paypal and they froze his account, and finally refunded my money. His name was Peter Joseph Salamone IV of Garland, TX , and is no longer a registered ebay user, but may surface under another name. (consider yourselves warned) :gossip:

Either case is actually mail fraud, and is a Federal Offence.

It might be better to do this "by the books". I'm sure Zaid could help you out; at the very least, he could point you towards the proper course of action.

Good luck, man.

I hear you. Frankly, I'm so distraught as losing this dough (this is a LOT of dough for me) that I'll hire Tony Soprano if it would get me back my 4 G's. ;)

So then, Harold...

Could you confirm what your previous board ID was, please?

And what happened to it? (shrug)

Dena dealt the final blow.

Phil,

I'm sorry to hear that you got taken on this. I hate anyone to get taken. However...

What possessed you to even consider this deal in the first place? There were plenty of warnings about this guy in the two threads he started. He was known as a right piece of work, somebody you couldn't trust to pizz on you if you were on fire, but you still went ahead.

If it were a $20 deal, I might have some understanding, but this?

Again, my sympathies, but the obvious signs were there. :(

Sorry, but that kinda stuff makes me pretty angry. I had a similar experiance around Christmas when I bought $800 worth of early Vampirella's from a guy in Texas. He notified the post office that he was shipping, but never shipped the box. It took almost 2 months to get my money back, fortunately it was thru paypal and they froze his account, and finally refunded my money. His name was Peter Joseph Salamone IV of Garland, TX , and is no longer a registered ebay user, but may surface under another name. (consider yourselves warned) :gossip:

Either case is actually mail fraud, and is a Federal Offence.

Exactly. it is indeed a Federal offense. Calling Mark Zaid!

So then, Harold...

Could you confirm what your previous board ID was, please?

And what happened to it? (shrug)

Dena dealt the final blow.

Phil,

I'm sorry to hear that you got taken on this. I hate anyone to get taken. However...

What possessed you to even consider this deal in the first place? There were plenty of warnings about this guy in the two threads he started. He was known as a right piece of work, somebody you couldn't trust to pizz on you if you were on fire, but you still went ahead.

If it were a $20 deal, I might have some understanding, but this?

Again, my sympathies, but the obvious signs were there. :(

No argument there. I'm kicking myself every minute of every day. No doubt I'm the insufficiently_thoughtful_person of the year as a buyer......groan. :tonofbricks:

Phil, very sorry to hear and best of luck on this. It could be worse...at least you have his info (not usually the case), and had the foresight to have the box opening witnessed. Hopefully Mark Zaid can shed light on the steps forward.

FWIW: I got stiffed for $50 or so on one of my earliest deals here on the Boards. I filed a formal mail fraud complaint, did all the paperwork, and even though I was an ex-postal employee, I never got jack-mess for my trouble (except a postcard that said that the USPS had received my complaint). But it seems like you have a good case, and the $$ involved is obviously more significant, so I hope you get more satisfaction from them than I did...

Good luck, man.

I hear you. Frankly, I'm so distraught as losing this dough (this is a LOT of dough for me) that I'll hire Tony Soprano if it would get me back my 4 G's. ;)

It's definitely understandable, but this is a public message board and you don't want him to find a way to use this kind of talk against you. Last thing I'd want to see is you getting sued on top of losing your 4K.

Phil, I considered buying this book. The reason I thought it was legit was because he offered to meet and do a deal in person. I was actually going to drive to Cleveland to do the deal. I then backed out. i'm very sorry to hear about this. I know that you needed the money . I may be able to dig up his work # if needed as well.

Harold if you are reading this you need to make right. You know it will catch up with you one way or another.

R.

Phil, I'm very sorry to hear that this happened. the boards are usually a safe buying environment,. hopefully all will turn out in the end and you will get some sort of compensation. :wishluck:

Alton

Phil, I considered buying this book. The reason I thought it was legit was because he offered to meet and do a deal in person. I was actually going to drive to Cleveland to do the deal. I then backed out.

Lucky you did, as he'd probably offer you a drugged coffee and you'd wake up in an alley without a kidney.

This guy sounds like a real scum, and the only way I'd meet up with him is with brass knuckles and my sawed-off 410.

I don't know about that. I try to be fairly level headed in a situation like this...

Like the time I went into Toronto to pick up a book I won...and then the guy called me on my cel as I approached the house and told me to meet him around back cause his pit bull was at the front of the house..I immediately did what any respectable person would do...i located a weapon within arm's reach as I approached the door.

lol

I don't know about that. I try to be fairly level headed in a situation like this...

Like the time I went into Toronto to pick up a book I won...and then the guy called me on my cel as I approached the house and told me to meet him around back cause his pit bull was at the front of the house..I immediately did what any respectable person would do...i located a weapon within arm's reach as I approached the door.

lol

I'm not sure a reasonable person would grab a weapon and approach the door so they could get a comic book. Perhaps suggest a location, but getting the hell out might be a better option. (I seem to be the grab the gun, pick up the comic kind of guy, but no one ever called me - or anyone else who spends a months pay on a comic that clearly states on its cover is worth only 10 cents - as being reasonable.)