• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 2 - possible plot ??

5 posts in this topic

I don't know if this was discussed in previous threads or even if anyone noticed.

As I was watching the IM movie (which I loved), I couldn't help but notice that Tony Stark was drinking........quite a bit.

Not sure if this was a hint of what will come in the next movie, "Demon in the bottle" storyline.....

Anyone else catch this ?

This is my guess on the plot. Tony Stark has a falling out with Penny Pots and Tony Stark being alone starts to drink heavily. It gets so bad that he decides to stop fighting and get plastered. Jim Rhodes seeing his friend in disrepair starts crime fighting on his own with the silver suit that was seen in Iron Man 1. Soon Penny comes back and Tony Stark gets his act together just in time to fight a villain or villains that will require both to defeat.

There were lots of leads in the first movie..."The Ten Rings" screams Mandarin, The suit and Rhodes, The drinking...oh yeah, and the last few seconds after the credits. Marvel is certainly giving this franchise 100%.

R.

its so nice to see Marvel Superhero movies after watching Superman/Batman movies forever. Can't wait for Captain America, Avengers, Silver Surfer, Defenders, Thor. I think it's logical to feature a drinking sub plot in the the next Iron Man, why cast Robert Downey Jr. otherwise. It's also the most interesting Iron Man character flaw. Keep the movies coming papaMarvel.

This is my guess on the plot. Tony Stark has a falling out with Penny Pots and Tony Stark being alone starts to drink heavily. It gets so bad that he decides to stop fighting and get plastered. Jim Rhodes seeing his friend in disrepair starts crime fighting on his own with the silver suit that was seen in Iron Man 1. Soon Penny comes back and Tony Stark gets his act together just in time to fight a villain or villains that will require both to defeat.

Homer , ahem ,...stick w/ your " Mr. Invincible " theories .... mehmeh............................................................. :grin:..........BH