• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone still awake?

5,958 posts in this topic

I love it when people respond to my ads for buying comics. I get a response from a guy and tell him I am not interested in buying a lot of 90s junk, but would take a look at his books because he says he has GA, SA, BA, and CA books too. I love the part where he asks how much I am willing to spend without seeing any of his books :roflmao: Read on...BTW, I told him I appreciated the analogies but if he was interested in meeting then he needed to let me know.

"Are you only interested in the books pre-dating the 80's? I'm planning a move soon, so, It is essential to sell off as much of my collection as possible. My collection as of now is unpicked through, my concern is that you are wanting to take only the best stuff and leave the majority behind. which will make it extremely difficult to offload the rest. I have a better chance of selling the collection as a whole if it includes the books that are most sought after. It's the equivelent of trying to sell fried chicken without the skin. If you only like blue M&M's you still would need to buy the whole bag of M&M's to get to the blue ones. If you are looking to buy comics in bulk then I can provide that opportunity for you. I am willing to work out a deal with you but, before I set up a viewing for the comics I would need to know how much you are willing to spend and more specifically what you are looking for, so, that I have an idea of whether or not it is going to be worth my while. There is a lot of great stuff published in the 90's so I would need to know what your idea of "junk" is. If you are strictly interested in gold and silver age books then you will need to look elsewhere, I am not interested in selling those by themselves for pennies on the dollar. Where I sit really is all or half or nothing."

I love it when people respond to my ads for buying comics. I get a response from a guy and tell him I am not interested in buying a lot of 90s junk, but would take a look at his books because he says he has GA, SA, BA, and CA books too. I love the part where he asks how much I am willing to spend without seeing any of his books :roflmao: Read on...BTW, I told him I appreciated the analogies but if he was interested in meeting then he needed to let me know.

"Are you only interested in the books pre-dating the 80's? I'm planning a move soon, so, It is essential to sell off as much of my collection as possible. My collection as of now is unpicked through, my concern is that you are wanting to take only the best stuff and leave the majority behind. which will make it extremely difficult to offload the rest. I have a better chance of selling the collection as a whole if it includes the books that are most sought after. It's the equivelent of trying to sell fried chicken without the skin. If you only like blue M&M's you still would need to buy the whole bag of M&M's to get to the blue ones. If you are looking to buy comics in bulk then I can provide that opportunity for you. I am willing to work out a deal with you but, before I set up a viewing for the comics I would need to know how much you are willing to spend and more specifically what you are looking for, so, that I have an idea of whether or not it is going to be worth my while. There is a lot of great stuff published in the 90's so I would need to know what your idea of "junk" is. If you are strictly interested in gold and silver age books then you will need to look elsewhere, I am not interested in selling those by themselves for pennies on the dollar. Where I sit really is all or half or nothing."

Respond to him and let him know that you can go to the candy store and buy M&M's in Bulk in any color you would like.

How much is he asking for all? And how many books is he trying to get rid of?

Some guy in Salem was offering something like this a while back on craigslist and I talked to him a bit but he didn't want to sale just a few as well.

Fried chicken without the skin? Sounds more like he's trying to sell you a bunch of greasy bones. Anyone with 70 long boxes who doesn't know how/can't get rid of them is sitting on 95% drek.