• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone still awake?

5,958 posts in this topic

:acclaim:

You missed the Spidey set mate.

:o I saw it :cry:

That set breaks my heart. Seriously. It's my dream to own an OO ASM set, even if they aren't all super high grade, and that possibility dwindles with every passing year. That was a very rare opportunity.

I don't know who bought it, but I didn't even see it until it was sold. I would have seriously considered it, even though it would mean selling my existing ASM collection.

Oh well, looks like the only 5 figure purchase I'll be making any time soon is next year's tuition. :cry:

I don't know who bought it, but I didn't even see it until it was sold. I would have seriously considered it, even though it would mean selling my existing ASM collection.

Oh well, looks like the only 5 figure purchase I'll be making any time soon is next year's tuition. :cry:

I'm going to drink heavily tonight. :tonofbricks:

At least some good came out of it. :acclaim: Drinking.

The thing is, it was probably a steal too, judging by some of those scans.

Also, judging by how fast it was sold, I'd bet good money that it was bought by someone who intends to slab and re-sell individually. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you, but it's definitely something I would have kept intact myself.

Ah well, here's to missed opportunities. I guess this hobby isn't totally out of my system after all.

True, but the holidays and the weather were enough of a reason on their own. I didn't need this addition shot in the ballz to get me to drink. Next week is going to be a wild, booze-soaked ride.

The thing is, it was probably a steal too, judging by some of those scans.

Also, judging by how fast it was sold, I'd bet good money that it was bought by someone who intends to slab and re-sell individually. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you, but it's definitely something I would have kept intact myself.

Ah well, here's to missed opportunities. I guess this hobby isn't totally out of my system after all.

very likely... I talked with adam about the time and cost of pressing some and slabbing, and it would have raised the cost by like $6K, so sometimes, having $x now, and avoiding all the time and work and cost, nets you the same once you convert to "next years" $'s

True, but the holidays and the weather were enough of a reason on their own. I didn't need this addition shot in the ballz to get me to drink. Next week is going to be a wild, booze-soaked ride.

Oh well, you can't catch every deal. Just don't go shopping on ebay tonight trying to make up for lost deals, CaptainofMorgan lol

Education is the better long term investment.

:hi:

:headbang: :headbang: