• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,464 posts in this topic

A couple sidetrack questions to the experienced sellers out there:

I have a run of WD (20-80) I'm trying to sell.

From what you have seen/sold, is it better to sell issues individually or in "sets" - like a block of 5 or a story set? This question is geared toward non-key issues.

I also have a stack of WD TPBs - better to sell together or separate?

Thanks for the info

-- dave

My 2c...

I think you would fair better selling the keys separately (27, 48, 53, 61) and break the rest into small groups as you mentioned. For the trades, I would sell them as a lot (best value). I think the trades have gone down in value a little though since the compendiums (issues 1-96) can be bought for about $80 total. Once again, my 2c

Ryan

From what you have seen/sold, is it better to sell issues individually or in "sets" - like a block of 5 or a story set? This question is geared toward non-key issues.

Thanks for the info

-- dave

Selling individually should net you more over time but it's harder to do unless they are tight copies that you can put up with multiple pics and flag as NM. You have to compete with more sellers on that level and money talks if they undercut you. Selling as a set or sets can work well on auction (better than singles in auction IMHO but not better than singles on BIN)... but you can BIN them all for a high price and try your luck. Impulsive people do exist :)

If it was me I would do BIN sets of the earlier issues and BIN singles of the later ones. If there is a shortage of any non key on BIN it will fetch more. Have seen #69 and #74 hit $25 quite easily. Go and have a search and see what people are marking up. There is a wide variety of prices in the 20 - 80 range. You have time to think about it so sit and watch what sells (and for how much) for a while. Don't take our word for it.... :P

Thanks for the info

-- dave

Selling individually should net you more over time but it's harder to do unless they are tight copies that you can put up with multiple pics and flag as NM. You have to compete with more sellers on that level and money talks if they undercut you. Selling as a set or sets can work well on auction (better than singles in auction IMHO but not better than singles on BIN)... but you can BIN them all for a high price and try your luck. Impulsive people do exist :)

If it was me I would do BIN sets of the earlier issues and BIN singles of the later ones. If there is a shortage of any non key on BIN it will fetch more. Have seen #69 and #74 hit $25 quite easily. Go and have a search and see what people are marking up. There is a wide variety of prices in the 20 - 80 range. You have time to think about it so sit and watch what sells (and for how much) for a while. Don't take our word for it.... :P

or he can sell them all to me for $200.

Either of those options are fine with me :P

lol jk GLWTS

Is that who I think it is?

yup :headbang:

:o

Did I miss something... hm

yup :baiting:

:baiting: It's okay... we can't all be cool kidz. :)

I know I'm just a loser n00b, but I'd like to be in on the secret.

Is punpks someone I know by reading TWD?

Edited by roastedbagel

i dont think you are a loser bagel<3

where are you in the city? you have power? hope you weathered the storm alright :)

:luhv:

I actually live in South Florida! Ironically the first two named hurricanes to make landfall skip over Florida. Were a happy, yet sympathetic state right now towards the NE peeps.

dunno why but i thought you were in the city

i love south florida...the drive down to key west in a drop top with my gf last year was probably top 5 in my best experiences ever....the jet skis at the resort were pretty good too :)

plus im a dolphins fan :)