• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,464 posts in this topic

Troy, Tim they look great. I'm having 2nd thoughts on them being in plastic. Does the art work need to breath. Thought some paints need good air flow. Does CGC make any claims about art work in cases? (shrug)

Get all those wraparounds professionally framed. IMO

:news:I had a second chance offer from Hero today.....Msg went like this....Dear Sir/Madam the high bidder reneged on the Andy Smith cover and you have a second chance to buy it.

Well, I'm sure you could easily sell that right here on the boards. Not sure how kosher that is, but I think it' would be okay.

Damn! That Ken Lashley sketch of Michonne is so awesome! Front and back cover art and graded 9.8 too! :headbang::cloud9:

My Fred Hembeck was shipped today, I don't really care too much about the grade, but I asked anyway and it's a 9.2... Someone on here said a while back that the books with art on the front & back cover might suffer in grade, but that isn't the case here.

Good stuff! :applause:

Troy, Tim they look great. I'm having 2nd thoughts on them being in plastic. Does the art work need to breath. Thought some paints need good air flow. Does CGC make any claims about art work in cases? (shrug)

2c

I read you have no plans to sell them, but from a resale standpoint I would without a doubt slab them. If you don't they will never get a sig. series label, and if you do end up slabbing them the future owner( should that happen!) can take it out of the slab if he/she wishes. Hero books sold raw never come close to getting what their slabbed counterparts bring in.