• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

#51 took so long to come out, I was a bit disappointed in it. I guess if I was reading it in the middle of a TPB, a little side trip into character would be fine but damn I really was hoping for something more. The teaser at the end featuring a certain recognizable weapon will have me anxiously awaiting #52.

Rick = :screwy:

The best part? He went back for the phone.

I can't wait to see what becomes of the drastic changes in the series. Kirkman is definitely not afraid to seriously *spoon* with his characters (as evidenced by issue 48!) And yeah, that teaser for #52 sure has me wondering...

As for the HBO discussion earlier, I think it is a great idea. This comic would be an amazing series. I have a friend who works at HBO in NYC and she went to her first comic con this year for their new vampire series. I told her she had to check out TWD, so maybe something will come of it (doubt it).

Who would play these characters if the show did come to a cable station?

Talk about this series has died down...anyone still read this?

#52...nice artwork by Charlie...nice reunion and all (and totally anticipated)...hope the new blood in next issue supercharges the current pacing.

So far, this TPB looks like "The Calm Before..." Granted after #48 I'm still reeling but I still don't have a sense of where we are going. Rick's mental state is probably the biggest wild card right now.

BTW, did anyone freak out on that chagrin on Michonne? Note the total lack of emotion during the assist...

65716.jpg.57748c980c18c38cee7fbf484f766de0.jpg

65717.jpg.245b4e200fc14d3e7046f7339e991fcb.jpg

Talk about this series has died down...anyone still read this?

Absolutely!! It wasn't listed on the Diamond Website as a new release this week, so I didn't know it came out. Otherwise I would have gone to the LCS. I'll be going tomorrow for sure. Thanks! (thumbs u

Yep, still read (and love) the series! Issue #52 was pretty awesome, and I am very excited for Robert's promotion at Image comics. Supposedly, this will actually aid his books in coming out on time :wishluck:

this one is always at the top of the reading stack. I'm just glad the prison stuff is over. It really dragged on there for a while.

The Revelation about the phone story was one of the better issues out of the entire series IMO

I always identify closely with complete insanity though, so maybe it just struck a chord there.