• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Just picked up The Walking Dead 1st volume hard back. I hope I love this book as much as all of you guys do

I'm sure you will!!! :headbang:

Let us know what you think :popcorn:

I have read many many more novels/classics than comics, and I dont read that many comics, but this is a great effin read. I am only through the first comic, and I love it. The art, the storytelling.. its great. Very enjoyable read. I blew by it so fast, I went back and just looked through the art bc I feel like I read it so fast I missed a lot of detail.

I will report when done with first chapter.

Just picked up The Walking Dead 1st volume hard back. I hope I love this book as much as all of you guys do

I have read many many more novels/classics than comics, and I dont read that many comics, but this is a great effin read. I am only through the first comic, and I love it. The art, the storytelling.. its great. Very enjoyable read. I blew by it so fast, I went back and just looked through the art bc I feel like I read it so fast I missed a lot of detail.

You really have to pace yourself or you blow through these quick, wait til you must have the next single issue and it doesn't last long enough...

Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it! Yes, the art from the first issue is awesome :headbang:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=352036&GSub=54386

--Steve (thumbs u

I enjoyed the issue, but Charlie's art seems to be a tad off.

I know exactly what you mean, could it have been a bit rushed?

The last few issues have been SSLLLOOOWWW in coming, so that can't be it. The art looked just fine to me...I loved the perspectives.

I enjoyed the issue, but Charlie's art seems to be a tad off.

I know exactly what you mean, could it have been a bit rushed?

The last few issues have been SSLLLOOOWWW in coming, so that can't be it. The art looked just fine to me...I loved the perspectives.

I actually liked the art in this issue as well......

Loved it. I hope the promise of both WD and the Astounding Wolfman being on time from now on is not broken.

We've heard it 100 before. Kirkman couldn't put a book out on time if his life depended on it. Take TWD for what it is, a great book that comes out about 8 times a year. Same can be said for most of his other books as well. BTW, Wolfman was bi-monthly to this point, going monthly with the next issue, allegedly.

Hi all - I am primarily a GA collector, but TWD is one of the modern series I just can't keep my hands off of. I was fortunate to be able to pick up a few neat items from this series a while back:

A couple of signed TPB's with zombie drawings by Kirkman:

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

This was a limited edition hardcover sent to retailers. I am not sure exactly how "rare" this is, and would appreciate information if you know:

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

No run is complete without the origin of Rick Grimes issue:

IMG_0095.jpg

Nice stuff Sardo! :applause:

To answer your question on the retailer hardcover, I was told each comic shop that supports image/Walking Dead only got one copy as a "thank you." There certainly seems to be more than that out there, but this is the only info I have hard about it.

--Steve

Nice stuff Sardo! :applause:

To answer your question on the retailer hardcover, I was told each comic shop that supports image/Walking Dead only got one copy as a "thank you." There certainly seems to be more than that out there, but this is the only info I have hard about it.

--Steve

Kirkman said that 5,000 were printed. He stated this in a post on his Image message board.