• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Couple new foils coming on Friday for Comics Vault Live with @bigclutch

ImageImage

Nifty since the B&W is a new version of it!  Wonder if 2nd print #2 will be on CVL Season 2 Episode 5 then?

And census says... 35 in 9.9 and 16 in 10.0 of these 2 books combined so 9.8 is not really very rare at all.

12 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Hey @StephenWA... You are going to have an incredibly expensive time putting together a full TWDD 9.8-9.9 Registry set 🥴🥴🥴

Hiya Tom. I'm really not looking - now or ever - to collect a full TWDD Registry set. I have a few, and these are mainly rarities and ones I like.

My current objective is to complete the TWD 2003 with Variants set in 9.8 or SS, and I am slowly making progress towards that (I bought my final wanted 2013/5 Wizard World Edition in 9.8 just last week).

First two F1 races have been great, doncha think? Max really has a shot at being Champion this time (but my prediction is that Lewis will edge it). Bring on Portimao...

Stay well, Tom. Best wishes, SA

PS My wife and I have flights to Texas booked for Jan 2022.

5 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Hiya Tom. I'm really not looking - now or ever - to collect a full TWDD Registry set. I have a few, and these are mainly rarities and ones I like.

My current objective is to complete the TWD 2003 with Variants set in 9.8 or SS, and I am slowly making progress towards that (I bought my final wanted 2013/5 Wizard World Edition in 9.8 just last week).

First two F1 races have been great, doncha think? Max really has a shot at being Champion this time (but my prediction is that Lewis will edge it). Bring on Portimao...

5 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Hi Stephen, OK, you do have a bit of sanity left 😉.  Love the progress on TWD 2003.  I'm 5 books shy of 1-48 2xSS but I know how to get it done, just have to make the commitment.
Totally off topic but Yes!! F1 has competitiveness again and it's not just Max & Lewis.   Norris in 3rd when Bottas could not get above 8th all weekend.  And there are a lot of scraps P4 to P6 too.
I would love to connect when you come to Texas if we can make it work.  I'm in Central TX so unless you are headed to desert West Texas or the Mexican border, I'm pretty much a 3 hour drive to anywhere.

18 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Hi Stephen, OK, you do have a bit of sanity left 😉.  Love the progress on TWD 2003.  I'm 5 books shy of 1-48 2xSS but I know how to get it done, just have to make the commitment.
Totally off topic but Yes!! F1 has competitiveness again and it's not just Max & Lewis.   Norris in 3rd when Bottas could not get above 8th all weekend.  And there are a lot of scraps P4 to P6 too.
I would love to connect when you come to Texas if we can make it work.  I'm in Central TX so unless you are headed to desert West Texas or the Mexican border, I'm pretty much a 3 hour drive to anywhere.

We're flying into Houston, and driving to see family near Dallas, prior to a circular road trip back to Houston. Not sure of the routing yet, but I'll be in touch in good time. Be good to get dinner and/or a beer!

Any love yet for Mr Shumacher or Mr Mazepin?

22 minutes ago, StephenWA said:

We're flying into Houston, and driving to see family near Dallas, prior to a circular road trip back to Houston. Not sure of the routing yet, but I'll be in touch in good time. Be good to get dinner and/or a beer!

Sounds like a dinner get together is in order!  I elect @BladeTX as tribute for the crash pad.....

31 minutes ago, StephenWA said:

Honestly the rookie driver I'm most interested in is Tsunoda.  Really strong in Bahrain and unfortunately a crash in Italy but I'm excited to see what he does this year with the hot Honda engine.

Well you are definitely going to be close to @Crops068 and me (he lives only 15km away) so unless I'm traveling for business when you come through I think we can find a way to make it work!

5 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Honestly the rookie driver I'm most interested in is Tsunoda.  Really strong in Bahrain and unfortunately a crash in Italy but I'm excited to see what he does this year with the hot Honda engine.

Well you are definitely going to be close to @Crops068 and me (he lives only 15km away) so unless I'm traveling for business when you come through I think we can find a way to make it work!

In the words of myself, I am down like a crazy clown!

Happy wife / happy life?

... or screw it, I want my TWD collection!

Sup guys. Long time TWD fan that keeps the DVDs on a constant loop. This drives my wife nuts but I do it anyway.

A few months back I decided that I wanted the comic collection too. I stated browsing and buying and I'm soooooo close to having what I want but my wife is not as happy as I am and directed me to cease and desist my purchasing.

At the time of her insane recommendation I had 11 through 193...first prints + #1 CGC 9.6 - #2 CGC 9.4 - #3 CGC 9.6

My plan was to also get 1, 2 & 3 in the weekly reprints for reading purposes and then finish getting 4 through 10 in first prints and be done.

Instead...im forced to get 1 through 10 in weekly reprints.

I feel unclean.

I feel like a failure.

Would you be happy with what I've collected or should I defy the evil woman and buy 4 through 10 in first prints and risk divorce or castration while asleep?

11 minutes ago, lostboys said:

Happy wife / happy life?

Sup guys. Long time TWD fan that keeps the DVDs on a constant loop. This drives my wife nuts but I do it anyway.

A few months back I decided that I wanted the comic collection too. I stated browsing and buying and I'm soooooo close to having what I want but my wife is not as happy as I am and directed me to cease and desist my purchasing.

At the time of her insane recommendation I had 11 through 193...first prints + #1 CGC 9.6 - #2 CGC 9.4 - #3 CGC 9.6

My plan was to also get 1, 2 & 3 in the weekly reprints for reading purposes and then finish getting 4 through 10 in first prints and be done.

I feel unclean.

I feel like a failure.

Would you be happy with what I've collected or should I defy the evil woman and buy 4 through 10 in first prints and risk divorce or castration while asleep?

Well definitely don't take advice from me, I'm 6 months into a divorce situation and I may be a bit biased (as in steamroll the evil woman but I want you to keep your nads 😂). 
I think everyone's collecting journey is different.  A lot cannot afford early books so filling with weeklies or even TWD Deluxe is fine.  I'm not sure why you need 1-3 in weekly reprints to read as TWD Deluxe is out issues 1-13 and is awesome.

Here is a good compromise.  Looks like you only need Issues 4 to 10 and you are willing to go below a 9.8.  So ask your wife for permission to buy 1 book a month.  Even $200 a month could complete that in 9.6-9.8.  It will let you shop for that really cool book you want, and 7 months from now you will complete the run.  See if that will fly without getting whacked by a frying pan 🙂.  

4 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Well definitely don't take advice from me, I'm 6 months into a divorce situation and I may be a bit biased (as in steamroll the evil woman but I want you to keep your nads 😂). 
I think everyone's collecting journey is different.  A lot cannot afford early books so filling with weeklies or even TWD Deluxe is fine.  I'm not sure why you need 1-3 in weekly reprints to read as TWD Deluxe is out issues 1-13 and is awesome.

Here is a good compromise.  Looks like you only need Issues 4 to 10 and you are willing to go below a 9.8.  So ask your wife for permission to buy 1 book a month.  Even $200 a month could complete that in 9.6-9.8.  It will let you shop for that really cool book you want, and 7 months from now you will complete the run.  See if that will fly without getting whacked by a frying pan 🙂.  

Hey...

I'd rather have the weekly reprints because they're black and white. If I buy Deluxe, it will mess with my OCD.

See, the thing is...i don't even care if 4 through 10 are graded. I'm fine with buying raw copies. 

I figure that'd run me around 700.

I can agree to not steam roll, but compromise hopefully

you can probably take time to get the one's you've not got yet, still if your to slow down and depending on what "grades you've acquired so far", slowing down means you get the best grade when you DO buy :wishluck: 

and compromise further by maybe selling to fund a couple of purchases, if the "slow down" required for acquisition is too too too slow for comfort :banana: 

and be thankful for what you have so far, that's awesome! :tink: 

1 hour ago, lostboys said:

Happy wife / happy life?

I feel unclean.

I feel like a failure.

The original early issues are beyond me at this point imo.  I would have to luck into them to make it happen.  I am not willing to drop the cash it would require otherwise.

On 4/23/2021 at 2:22 PM, Crops068 said:

The original early issues are beyond me at this point imo.  I would have to luck into them to make it happen.  I am not willing to drop the cash it would require otherwise.

You should become a member of the TWD 19 club then!  Probably the most iconic cover of the series and still very attainable in 9.6-9.8.