• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Crops068 said:
1 hour ago, BladeTX said:

Anyone want to guess at the selling prices and see how close they are?  I'll guess:
TWDD 1 2nd print gold foil 9.9 - $249
TWDD 1 2nd print red foil 9.9 - $249
TWD 1 5th Ann Sketch 9.9 (there are 18 9.9 and 3 10.0) - $249
TWDD 1 Red Foil 9.8 - $299
TWD Negan Lives Red Foil 9.8 $499

Expand  

Think you are missing some zeros 😂

Oh and you forgot that Negan is showing the Lucille label.  Which makes me sad because I missed out on the Lucille for my Negan red.....

3 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Wow!!! CVL Friday is going to tee up TWDD 2nd Prints in 9.9, TWD 1 5th Anniversary 9.9, TWDD 1 Red Foil and... wait for it... Negan Lives Red Foil graded 9.8!  My next paycheck is very scared 😂🤣.  Bring it @bigclutch.

https://twitter.com/BigClutch/status/1394758155117031426?s=20 

This will be held on the WhatNot app. These sales all be 1 minute auctions. We did a test a month ago and had some fun on the stream, so this should be pretty wild. 

50 minutes ago, bigclutch said:

This will be held on the WhatNot app. These sales all be 1 minute auctions. We did a test a month ago and had some fun on the stream, so this should be pretty wild. 

Thanks BC.  Just downloaded the app and ready to go.  Looks like fun!

3 hours ago, Crops068 said:

3 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Anyone want to guess at the selling prices and see how close they are?  I'll guess:
TWDD 1 2nd print gold foil 9.9 - $249.00
TWDD 1 2nd print red foil 9.9 - $249.--
TWD 1 5th Ann Sketch 9.9 (there are 18 9.9 and 3 10.0) - $249.00
TWDD 1 Red Foil 9.8 - $299.00
TWD Negan Lives Red Foil 9.8 $499.00

I fixed them for you, Brian! :ph34r: :foryou:

I actually think Tom's pretty spot on for most of the guesses...I can't imagine the 2nd print 9.9's going higher than $300 at this time but to be honest I think Tom did a great job at his estimates.  We shall see in short time, though! 

25 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:
4 hours ago, Crops068 said:

4 hours ago, Crops068 said:

TWDD 1 2nd print gold foil 9.9 - $249.00
TWDD 1 2nd print red foil 9.9 - $249.--
TWD 1 5th Ann Sketch 9.9 (there are 18 9.9 and 3 10.0) - $249.00
TWDD 1 Red Foil 9.8 - $299.00
TWD Negan Lives Red Foil 9.8 $499.00

I fixed them for you, Brian! :ph34r: :foryou:

I actually think Tom's pretty spot on for most of the guesses...I can't imagine the 2nd print 9.9's going higher than $300 at this time but to be honest I think Tom did a great job at his estimates.  We shall see in short time, though! 

I think you are a tad low, considering this will be minute auctions and the current 2nd print foils are selling for up to $200 each.  Now add in the 9.9 grade, they are sure to go higher than just $50 more than the 9.8.

My actual guesses are

TWDD 1 2nd print gold foil 9.9 - $400-$500
TWDD 1 2nd print red foil 9.9 - $500
TWD 1 5th Ann Sketch 9.9 (there are 18 9.9 and 3 10.0) - $500-$600 - one sold for $350 and another for $700
TWDD 1 Red Foil 9.8 - $400-$500
TWD Negan Lives Red Foil 9.8 $600

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

I think you are a tad low, considering this will be minute auctions and the current 2nd print foils are selling for up to $200 each.  Now add in the 9.9 grade, they are sure to go higher than just $50 more than the 9.8.

My actual guesses are

TWD 1 5th Ann Sketch 9.9 (there are 18 9.9 and 3 10.0) - $500-$600 - one sold for $350 and another for $700

I hope for the sake of the deluxe collectors on the 9.9’s that you are correct!  Regardless of the outcome this time around I would be willing to make a solid wager that Tom’s original estimate will be accurate in a few months if not this exact timeframe. It takes some serious commitment to invest in reprints of reprints (and trust me I know what that commitment level takes 😂). It should be fun to watch nonetheless!

34 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I hope for the sake of the deluxe collectors on the 9.9’s that you are correct!  Regardless of the outcome this time around I would be willing to make a solid wager that Tom’s original estimate will be accurate in a few months if not this exact timeframe. It takes some serious commitment to invest in reprints of reprints (and trust me I know what that commitment level takes 😂). It should be fun to watch nonetheless!

Prices are going to fluctuate, these are fairly new.  So if you are basing it on long term pricing sure they may dip to $250 at some point or they may stay higher.  The market can be hard to gauge. 

A year ago who would have thought WD #1 would be up to above a $3k book when it was down to $1200-$1500 range for a bit there.  Or that ASM 300, with the huge print run it has, would be nearing $10k in 9.8.

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

Prices are going to fluctuate, these are fairly new.  So if you are basing it on long term pricing sure they may dip to $250 at some point or they may stay higher.  The market can be hard to gauge. 

A year ago who would have thought WD #1 would be up to above a $3k book when it was down to $1200-$1500 range for a bit there.  Or that ASM 300, with the huge print run it has, would be nearing $10k in 9.8.

I agree with you completely on key books featuring first appearances of major characters. Those are all exploding on the secondary market (especially the Marvel keys...it’s only a matter of time before the TWD keys do the same moreso than they already have). I can’t wait for that to happen :banana:

But the reprints and second prints (and reprints of second prints) game is MUCH different. So while they’re also comic books and highly collectible it’s hard to compare them to modern era keys if that makes sense. 2c

11 hours ago, Crops068 said:

My actual guesses are

Your prices are close to what I was thinking . I’m about $50-75 lower but it being a auction they tend to go higher . I have the 9.8’s so I’ll pass unless it’s low😁

9 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Well that WhatNot auction was a lot of fun but wow... those prices! 🥴🥴🥴.  Not sure if it was the new auction format, the hype, or the market but those were really high.

Thanks for coming out! It was a lot of fun!

On 5/22/2021 at 7:21 PM, bigclutch said:

Thanks for coming out! It was a lot of fun!

It was a lot of fun, I agree.  Seeing some cool stuff find a new home.

That UltraMega 10 though, wowsa wish I could have dipped my toes into that one.

On 5/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, Crops068 said:

My actual guesses are

Here are the actual prices from the event

Walking Dead 161 (Art Adams Variant) 9.9 - $160

Walking Dead #1 (ECCC Larsen Sketch Variant) 9.9 - $221

Walking Dead #1 (5th Ann Sketch) 9.9 - $300 - I was confusing this for the WDD #1 sketch my bad.

Negan Lives #1 (Red Foil with Negan Label) 9.8 - $540

Walking Dead Deluxe #1 (Red Foil) 9.8 - $505

Walking Dead Deluxe #1 (Black Foil) 9.9 - $730

Walking Dead Deluxe #1 (Gold Foil 2nd Print) 9.9 - $530 & $550

Walking Dead Deluxe #1 (Red Foil 2nd Print) 9.9 - $580 & $630

I have all the other auction prices too (for nonWD stuff).

15 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Here are the actual prices from the event

Walking Dead 161 (Art Adams Variant) 9.9 - $160

Walking Dead #1 (ECCC Larsen Sketch Variant) 9.9 - $221

Walking Dead #1 (5th Ann Sketch) 9.9 - $300 - I was confusing this for the WDD #1 sketch my bad.

Negan Lives #1 (Red Foil with Negan Label) 9.8 - $540

Walking Dead Deluxe #1 (Red Foil) 9.8 - $505

Walking Dead Deluxe #1 (Black Foil) 9.9 - $730

Walking Dead Deluxe #1 (Gold Foil 2nd Print) 9.9 - $530 & $550

Walking Dead Deluxe #1 (Red Foil 2nd Print) 9.9 - $580 & $630

I have all the other auction prices too (for nonWD stuff).

Congrats to Skybound & @bigclutch.  Great results.

5 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Look what is happening again on Friday!

image.png.26d388cd87db153e353e03d03ddb09a3.png

I'm not even going to guess what these prices will be LOL.  The last absolutely had auction fever with a number of books selling above market prices but hey, some people are excitable.  But I'll be tuning in for sure to watch the proof of Darwin's theories take place 😂🤣

I'm sorry Walking Dead Deluxe, I'm OUT.  I dropped by my LCS yesterday to pick up TWDD 17 and 18.  I almost had a heart attack when they pulled out my books.  (5) 17's, (3) 18's, (6) 2nd Prints and (4) Skybound X.   Forget the $20 on Skybound X for a second.  That is 14 TWDD books in one month.  $60.48 with tax.  For a month.  To get exactly 2 pages of new material.  I was generally all in on getting the main and variants, figuring (massively incorrectly) that most between key issue months would have 3 books.  There is zero chance I will ever recoup that on 17, 18 and 2nd prints... of a reprint.   So I'm going to stick with my 2 Mains for $8 a month and perhaps the occasional variant that really speaks to me.

Is there anyone out there collecting all issues, all variants, 2nd Prints, 1:25's, Foils, Foils of Second prints... sorry my head just exploded.  This was a fun idea in the beginning but I just can't take it any longer.  Good luck to whoever intends to conquer the Registry set on this one.   

And I'm not alone.  I know several classic TWD collectors who feel the same.  How about you???

4 hours ago, BladeTX said:

I'm sorry Walking Dead Deluxe, I'm OUT.  I dropped by my LCS yesterday to pick up TWDD 17 and 18.  I almost had a heart attack when they pulled out my books.  (5) 17's, (3) 18's, (6) 2nd Prints and (4) Skybound X.   Forget the $20 on Skybound X for a second.  That is 14 TWDD books in one month.  $60.48 with tax.  For a month.  To get exactly 2 pages of new material.  I was generally all in on getting the main and variants, figuring (massively incorrectly) that most between key issue months would have 3 books.  There is zero chance I will ever recoup that on 17, 18 and 2nd prints... of a reprint.   So I'm going to stick with my 2 Mains for $8 a month and perhaps the occasional variant that really speaks to me.

Is there anyone out there collecting all issues, all variants, 2nd Prints, 1:25's, Foils, Foils of Second prints... sorry my head just exploded.  This was a fun idea in the beginning but I just can't take it any longer.  Good luck to whoever intends to conquer the Registry set on this one.   

And I'm not alone.  I know several classic TWD collectors who feel the same.  How about you???

I only own 1 TWDD and it's a #1 Moore cover 9.9 (which I love btw).  I can't justify an entire series of reprints just for color.  It's a cool concept but we literally just finished the series not even 2 years ago so there was no need to re-run the entire thing just for color when we could instead have had an entirely new storyline (like Skybound X's mini with Clementine, for example) with new artist/writer...anything besides a series of reprints with multiple variants and printings.  Like I said the color is cool but a TBP at 6 issues a piece would have fulfilled that need just as good.

I'm all on the Skybound X train, though!  And any other new series that is hopefully (praying at least) in the works!!! :wishluck: