• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I only own 1 TWDD and it's a #1 Moore cover 9.9 (which I love btw).  I can't justify an entire series of reprints just for color.  It's a cool concept but we literally just finished the series not even 2 years ago so there was no need to re-run the entire thing just for color when we could instead have had an entirely new storyline (like Skybound X's mini with Clementine, for example) with new artist/writer...anything besides a series of reprints with multiple variants and printings.  Like I said the color is cool but a TBP at 6 issues a piece would have fulfilled that need just as good.

I'm all on the Skybound X train, though!  And any other new series that is hopefully (praying at least) in the works!!! :wishluck:

Totally into a new series.  Now that I'll spend my hard earned money on.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:51 AM, BladeTX said:

I'm sorry Walking Dead Deluxe, I'm OUT.  I dropped by my LCS yesterday to pick up TWDD 17 and 18.  I almost had a heart attack when they pulled out my books.  (5) 17's, (3) 18's, (6) 2nd Prints and (4) Skybound X.   Forget the $20 on Skybound X for a second.  That is 14 TWDD books in one month.  $60.48 with tax.  For a month.  To get exactly 2 pages of new material.  I was generally all in on getting the main and variants, figuring (massively incorrectly) that most between key issue months would have 3 books.  There is zero chance I will ever recoup that on 17, 18 and 2nd prints... of a reprint.   So I'm going to stick with my 2 Mains for $8 a month and perhaps the occasional variant that really speaks to me.

Is there anyone out there collecting all issues, all variants, 2nd Prints, 1:25's, Foils, Foils of Second prints... sorry my head just exploded.  This was a fun idea in the beginning but I just can't take it any longer.  Good luck to whoever intends to conquer the Registry set on this one.   

And I'm not alone.  I know several classic TWD collectors who feel the same.  How about you???

I have the x14 #1s (all CGC 9.8 or 9.9). I have the 1-6 Adlard connecting covers. And a couple of others.

But these are going to be popping out until maybe 2028.

I'll not be going "all in" o this set - just ones I like.

I believe I'll have the two #1 TWDD sets in this year's CGC awards :-)

On 7/21/2021 at 12:19 PM, BladeTX said:

Super stoked!!! @Crops068 and I had our letter published in TWDD 19 Letter Hacks!  Given they only publish new letters after the end of each arc, getting into a key book is a rare event.  Our letter starts at the bottom of the first page and finishes at the top of the second page.  And yeah, we did ask Kirkman if he has written a comic while drunk 😂😂🤣.

TWDD-19-LH-Page-26.jpg

TWDD-19-LH-Page-27.jpg

AWESOME!!! that's fun :x !

On 7/21/2021 at 12:19 PM, BladeTX said:

Super stoked!!! @Crops068 and I had our letter published in TWDD 19 Letter Hacks!  Given they only publish new letters after the end of each arc, getting into a key book is a rare event.  Our letter starts at the bottom of the first page and finishes at the top of the second page.  And yeah, we did ask Kirkman if he has written a comic while drunk 😂😂🤣.

TWDD-19-LH-Page-26.jpg

TWDD-19-LH-Page-27.jpg

My 1st time in a comic ever.  I believe it is @BladeTX's what 3rd or 4th in the WD series?

SO EXCITED.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:59 PM, Crops068 said:

FIVE TIMES????? You are a maniac!

Well I kind of know the formula of what they are looking for.   I sent my first letter and was published in TWD #186, so was pretty much at the end of the run there.   My hit rate has been 5 of 7 submitted.  One to TWD was just dumb on my part - I talked about something RK said before he would never do.  Regretted submitting it as soon so I hit send.    The other - which we submitted together for TWDD #13 - I thought had a great shot but we submitted really late.  We hit pay dirt with this TWDD 19 😊 

Here was my first letter published in TWD #186.  It's a nice long one with a meaty discussion.  And FOR THE RECORD, I recommended TWD Issue #200 be published in color (which would be the first new issue in color), and RK was thinking about it, so I AM TAKING FULL CREDIT for TWD Deluxe's color format!!!! 😂😂😂

TWD-LH-186.jpg

On 7/21/2021 at 2:15 PM, BladeTX said:

Here was my first letter published in TWD #186.  It's a nice long one with a meaty discussion.  And FOR THE RECORD, I recommended TWD Issue #200 be published in color (which would be the first new issue in color), and RK was thinking about it, so I AM TAKING FULL CREDIT for TWD Deluxe's color format!!!! 😂😂😂

TWD-LH-186.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHA Just read all of this and Sean says No Negan.  So I'm taking credit for Negan Lives too!!! 😜

On 7/21/2021 at 3:15 PM, BladeTX said:

TWD-LH-186.jpg

Credit?!?!?  You mean the blame for us getting an entire almost 200 issue series reprinted just for color and variant covers and extra printings and not a new series with original content instead?!?!?! :whatthe:

*gases up truck and makes way for Texas... lol

J/K my friend - proud of you for getting published again and this time in a key reprinted issue and also jealous of the 25+ variants you're reprinted in, too!  Good luck hunting them all down! lol  For real, though, that must be a record because you'll be in every reprint, too!  You and Brian, that is!  You'll be brand names before you know it! ^^

On 7/21/2021 at 2:32 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Credit?!?!?  You mean the blame for us getting an entire almost 200 issue series reprinted just for color and variant covers and extra printings and not a new series with original content instead?!?!?! :whatthe:

J/K my friend - proud of you for getting published again and this time in a key reprinted issue and also jealous of the 25+ variants you're reprinted in, too!  Good luck hunting them all down! lol  For real, though, that must be a record because you'll be in every reprint, too!  You and Brian, that is!  You'll be brand names before you know it! ^^

lol

:takeit:

At least he is taking credit for the series continuing.  I put WD on my pull starting with issue 192......

On 7/21/2021 at 2:32 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

OK, this made me laugh out loud for real!! Thanks my friend for lightening my hectic work day 😃

On 8/2/2021 at 9:17 PM, Crops068 said:

Sure a .5

Actually you can't.  There was a 0.5.  Guy had it on the floor of his car for 3 years.  But is sold for over $900.  Sort of a bizarre oddity 😂🤣. It got widely reported so I suspect it was bought for the story.