• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

@BladeTX

Here's a pic from that night I was talking about. 

I told Steven to look morose. I basically taught him how to act too. 

If you're eagle-eyed you can spot zombie school teacher extraordinaire Greg Nicotero behind us. Zombie school is where they "taught" us how to shuffle around and act dead lol 

I thought the need to train people how to act like zombies was hilarious having watched just about ever zombie thing ever put on film, but it was really fun and it was a great way to start the whole thing off before we started doing makeup and stuff. From there they picked the people that they wanted to feature more with heavier makeup, prosthetics etc. As I mentioned before, they wanted me to go all out with that stuff, but being a GA native I knew how hot it was going to get in the afternoon, so I respectfully declined and opted for the mask you see in those other pics. It got to 100+ those days, so I was totally ok with not having makeup on that made it look like my eyeball was hanging out or my jaw was hanging off of my face. 

stev.jpg

Here's a photo that I didn't know existed until recently when a friend sent it to me. (druuuuunk)

Hanging with Norman and Greg at a bar called Diesel in Atlanta. (I'm the guy on the right side/black shirt)

Norman's a cool guy. Mostly quiet,  more sweaty, but with a good sense of humor. (at least that was my take) 

You probably wouldn't be shocked to hear the amount of girls that kept coming up to us all night wanting a picture with him. After I took about the millionth one I started making them pose and then turning the camera shot back to selfie mode, and handing the phone back. Several girls looked at me with their jaw dropped after I did that, and I was like "What? You wanted a photo...I think this one looks fine. I'm tremendously good looking!" Of course that was just my way of entertaining myself so I gave them what they wanted afterwards with a nice shot of them with sweaty old Norman, but I had to get a couple of jollies in. 

norm.jpg

Edited by Real Elijah Snow

On 9/13/2021 at 3:59 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

Here's a photo that I didn't know existed until recently when a friend sent it to me. (druuuuunk)

Hanging with Norman and Greg at a bar called Diesel in Atlanta. (I'm the guy on the right side/black shirt)

Norman's a cool guy. Mostly quiet,  more sweaty, but with a good sense of humor. (at least that was my take) 

You probably wouldn't be shocked to hear the amount of girls that kept coming up to us all night wanting a picture with him. After I took about the millionth one I started making them pose and then turning the camera shot back to selfie mode, and handing the phone back. Several girls looked at me with their jaw dropped after I did that, and I was like "What? You wanted a photo...I think this one looks fine. I'm tremendously good looking!" Of course that was just my way of entertaining myself so I gave them what they wanted afterwards with a nice shot of them with sweaty old Norman, but I had to get a couple of jollies in. 

norm.jpg

Great stories!  You really got into the inner circle there.  I imagine these celebs can't go out into a public place and hang out like that anymore (even without covid) or they would get crushed with fans.  There was once a Facebook fan page with over 300,000 members - huge fan base.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:05 PM, Parabellum said:

Instead of worrying about which one is “the one to have” black label vs white label.  I decided to own both.  Purchased the white label years ago raw in a 100 book lot.  Just scored the black label on eBay.

ECE01A99-226B-4822-9BC6-65775F6B7569.jpeg

7F449D2C-CD3D-4DCF-9DAB-6C02C47F339F.jpeg

Baller!!! I originally intended to sell my Black Label (Universal) when I got my 2xSS which was a White Label but I held onto it.  I got the Black label signed by Kirkman as well at SDCC 2019.  Man, can't believe you picked up a TWD 1 that went 9.8 in a 100 book lot! 😂

@BladeTXyes sir.  Issues 1-100 all first prints.  Plus TWD --script book and a retailer incentive hard cover with a letter from Kirkman.  It has a black cover and a red foil zombie face on the front.  I think it reprints issues 1-8 if I remember correctly.

Edited by Parabellum

On 9/29/2021 at 12:30 PM, BladeTX said:

Very Nice!!! What are your TWD collecting goals?

Thank you. I think I'm done. I originally had like almost every convention variant of issue #1, but I sold those. I have a lot of first appearances (Gabriel, Jesus, Otis, Hershel, Abraham, Heath, Negan, Ezekiel, and Tyreese, except for the Governor and Michonne).

Edited by MultiSig Mike

We need something beyond colored reprints to kickstart the love for TWD again.  I'm patiently waiting for that day to come but the deluxe series just ain't cutting it for me.  How are the sales doing on that run, btw?  Anyone know?

Here's to hoping for some more original content soon!!! :yeehaw:

On 11/17/2021 at 9:35 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

We need something beyond colored reprints to kickstart the love for TWD again.  I'm patiently waiting for that day to come but the deluxe series just ain't cutting it for me.  How are the sales doing on that run, btw?  Anyone know?

Here's to hoping for some more original content soon!!! :yeehaw:

It's not comics, but for TWD Universe fans, this came out 2 days ago on November 16.  Looks like "Art" is related to the TV series but I think it will be pretty interesting.

image.thumb.png.0434aea32cc100e2cb4c3006a83c2d96.png

https://thewalkingdeadshop.amc.com/products/the-walking-dead-the-art-of-amcs-the-walking-dead-universe-standard-edition-book

Edited by BladeTX