• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

And I thought the Cutting Room Floor was just fantastic in TWDD Issue 27.  RK had 2 different -script outlines going, and took 2 pages of small font to explain it all.  Best one so far and super interesting.  It was cool to see the detail he added to the first panel intro of the Governor and how it translated to the page.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:35 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

We need something beyond colored reprints to kickstart the love for TWD again.  I'm patiently waiting for that day to come but the deluxe series just ain't cutting it for me.  How are the sales doing on that run, btw?  Anyone know?

Here's to hoping for some more original content soon!!! :yeehaw:

I wish they did more with “Negan Lives”.  I think his character would make a great series.  Maybe more of his origins and how he started the saviors.

On 11/18/2021 at 9:18 PM, Parabellum said:

I wish they did more with “Negan Lives”.  I think his character would make a great series.  Maybe more of his origins and how he started the saviors.

Would love to see that too, but Kirkman has been pretty firm that was a one and done.   But in the spirit of that, with so many great potential stories, why aren't we going deep with someone?  If the TV show can spin off two shows like Fear the Walking Dead and TWD: World Beyond, plus all those video games, how can there not be room for more comics?  I'm pretty baffled because even if Kirkman is not out for money anymore, shouldn't he want to do it for the fans?  I don't get it.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:58 AM, BladeTX said:

Would love to see that too, but Kirkman has been pretty firm that was a one and done.   But in the spirit of that, with so many great potential stories, why aren't we going deep with someone?  If the TV show can spin off two shows like Fear the Walking Dead and TWD: World Beyond, plus all those video games, how can there not be room for more comics?  I'm pretty baffled because even if Kirkman is not out for money anymore, shouldn't he want to do it for the fans?  I don't get it.

While it's not in a monthly floppy format, we do have Clementine by Tillie Walden coming out next year. 

On 11/19/2021 at 8:58 AM, BladeTX said:

I'm honestly not sure what the thought process is on any of the TWD comic marketing.  I mean, an entire reprinted series just for color and cutting room floor info?  Surely this isn't selling like hotcakes, right?  I don't follow it at all and I'm too smart with my $ than to collect this run like I did the original one (thank God) but with as big of a cash cow as TWD has been this was the lazy option when there are SO many better routes to take.  Imagine if Marvel had just decided to reprint ASM from start to finish over the years versus the numerous spin offs and other titles that they've done instead...how would that have gone?  Not well.

I just think that there could be SO much more than this out there with as big of a universe that COULD be explored if the reigns could just be handed over to a new writer/artist...Todd McFarlane did this with Spawn, why could the same not be done with The Walking Dead? SMH...I'm just bitter I guess because I'm tired of the lazy reprints. :facepalm:

On 11/19/2021 at 5:21 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

I'm honestly not sure what the thought process is on any of the TWD comic marketing.  I mean, an entire reprinted series just for color and cutting room floor info?  Surely this isn't selling like hotcakes, right?  I don't follow it at all and I'm too smart with my $ than to collect this run like I did the original one (thank God) but with as big of a cash cow as TWD has been this was the lazy option when there are SO many better routes to take.  Imagine if Marvel had just decided to reprint ASM from start to finish over the years versus the numerous spin offs and other titles that they've done instead...how would that have gone?  Not well.

I just think that there could be SO much more than this out there with as big of a universe that COULD be explored if the reigns could just be handed over to a new writer/artist...Todd McFarlane did this with Spawn, why could the same not be done with The Walking Dead? SMH...I'm just bitter I guess because I'm tired of the lazy reprints. :facepalm:

Yeah I think they should have just done the color version idea in a nice compendium collection and have been done with it. 

The best part about the Walking Dead is it's a universe to play in. There are so many stories that could be told from others perspectives - like BKV did with The Alien. I know RK is a creative guy and he wanted to tell stories in other genres but, why not hire another creative team to takeover with his blessing and guidance. 

When the FTWD show started I was stoked to see how things went down on the West coast only to have them skim over it rather quickly. 

Very random but I've always wanted to see a version of TWD following a group of street kids. Nick's character on FTWD brought an interesting aspect when they made a connection between him being an addict and how he benefits from that perspective in this new world. How about a group of kids that have struggled to survive their whole life now given the keys to the kingdom. I can see their lair now filled with twinkies, energy drinks, video games, drones. Trying to take a Ferrari without knowing how to drive etc

NTM, you could have an old Negan (if thats what you really want) run into their group and tie in the whole basketball coach mentor thing. 

Just my 2c

Edited by ZombieVet

On 1/11/2022 at 11:44 PM, ZombieVet said:

Yeah I think they should have just done the color version idea in a nice compendium collection and have been done with it. 

The best part about the Walking Dead is it's a universe to play in. There are so many stories that could be told from others perspectives - like BKV did with The Alien. I know RK is a creative guy and he wanted to tell stories in other genres but, why not hire another creative team to takeover with his blessing and guidance. 

When the FTWD show started I was stoked to see how things went down on the West coast only to have them skim over it rather quickly. 

Very random but I've always wanted to see a version of TWD following a group of street kids. Nick's character on FTWD brought an interesting aspect when they made a connection between him being an addict and how he benefits from that perspective in this new world. How about a group of kids that have struggled to survive their whole life now given the keys to the kingdom. I can see their lair now filled with twinkies, energy drinks, video games, drones. Trying to take a Ferrari without knowing how to drive etc

NTM, you could have an old Negan (if thats what you really want) run into their group and tie in the whole basketball coach mentor thing. 

Just my 2c

I would love to see the story explored in another country.  Set it in France, where they ended World Beyond with the most important info in 10 years about the virus since Rick & crew visited the CDC.  Start it there, either before or just at the start of the apocalypse.  I'm thinking Stephen King's The Stand here with it's "oh s**t what did we just do" moments in the research facility.  That book (all 1,100 pages extended version) is still my favorite apocalypse story.  And it starts with a super flu 😲

On 1/20/2022 at 9:24 AM, BladeTX said:

Super excited to get published again in TWDD #31 Letter Hacks with @Crops068 chatting with RK about villains. It’s our second letter we did together - the first was published in TWDD #19.  Enjoy!

C255C6E2-895F-487C-9D98-558252129740.png

Nothing like picking up my slabbed page from WDD #19 and opening WDD #31 and seeing this.  <3

On 6/3/2022 at 9:25 PM, BladeTX said:

Wow talk about a dead thread!! But I have something cool.  I commissioned an artist to do a TWD 1 homage with Something is Killing the Children’s Erica Slaughter and supporting characters as window zombies.  Let me know what you think!!!

29F78DB1-E2BF-4D7F-A02A-ECD80523A486.jpeg

Very cool

On 6/3/2022 at 9:25 PM, BladeTX said:

Wow talk about a dead thread!! But I have something cool.  I commissioned an artist to do a TWD 1 homage with Something is Killing the Children’s Erica Slaughter and supporting characters as window zombies.  Let me know what you think!!!

29F78DB1-E2BF-4D7F-A02A-ECD80523A486.jpeg

I guess it is ok. :baiting:

:shy: Hello Everyone! Long time no see! lol Hope everyone is doing well. I frequent the forums every so often but never really post much. However today is different as I need some help. Been cleaning out my closet and came across a box I tucked away that had a bunch of WD stuff from when my addiction was only fueled by WD, and I happened upon this T-Shirt that I specifically remember buying with the sellers description as "AMC Cast & Crew Shirt. Only given out to cast and crew members". I am unable to find any comps or specific provenance on this shirt and looking to the WD sleuths here for some help. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks and Have a Great Labor Day!!!

IMG_9989.jpeg

IMG_9990.jpeg

IMG_9993.jpeg

On 9/5/2022 at 11:39 AM, retrothecollector said:

:shy: Hello Everyone! Long time no see! lol Hope everyone is doing well. I frequent the forums every so often but never really post much. However today is different as I need some help. Been cleaning out my closet and came across a box I tucked away that had a bunch of WD stuff from when my addiction was only fueled by WD, and I happened upon this T-Shirt that I specifically remember buying with the sellers description as "AMC Cast & Crew Shirt. Only given out to cast and crew members". I am unable to find any comps or specific provenance on this shirt and looking to the WD sleuths here for some help. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks and Have a Great Labor Day!!!

IMG_9989.jpeg

IMG_9990.jpeg

IMG_9993.jpeg

Might need some crafty detective work.  I suggest hitting up some of the really big Walking Dead Facebook Groups (some have up to 60K members) for advice.  Good luck!

On 9/5/2022 at 11:39 AM, retrothecollector said:

IMG_9989.jpeg

IMG_9990.jpeg

IMG_9993.jpeg

@bigclutch Are you at all familiar with this shirt?  Might be a long shot.

Feel free to tell me how I did in trade?!?

Spoiler

Traded doubles: Batman Adventures #12 cgc 7.0 under copy, my other of this issue is a 9.0, and a New mutants #98 cgc 9.0, which is the highest I owned of that book ; although my other of #98 is a signature series 8.0.

And the 3rd book I added to this trade is and cgc 8.0 Malibu Sun #13

For this priced at $1,100. I don't have GPA so did the best I could.

Still a happy owner though! Get it on the dip? Or am I the DIP!?! HAHA :cheers:

:foryou:

2022_09_17 7_02 PM Office Lens.jpg

2022_09_17 7_03 PM Office Lens.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

And so, TWD fans, it is two weeks today until the start of the final run of our favourite TV series... Who will live, who will die? No-one knows.

When its all done (on 20 November), we'll have watched 177 episodes, in 11 seasons, over 13 years. And spent $/£ 000's on the comics.

It has all been just so great. I hope we'll find some way to keep this thread alive and active...

For now, let's look forward to the final eight episodes.

Best wishes all

Stephen

On 9/17/2022 at 7:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Feel free to tell me how I did in trade?!?

Hide contents

Traded doubles: Batman Adventures #12 cgc 7.0 under copy, my other of this issue is a 9.0, and a New mutants #98 cgc 9.0, which is the highest I owned of that book ; although my other of #98 is a signature series 8.0.

And the 3rd book I added to this trade is and cgc 8.0 Malibu Sun #13

For this priced at $1,100. I don't have GPA so did the best I could.

Still a happy owner though! Get it on the dip? Or am I the DIP!?! HAHA :cheers:

:foryou:

2022_09_17 7_02 PM Office Lens.jpg

2022_09_17 7_03 PM Office Lens.jpg

You know my opinion already but here goes!

I am not sure 9.2 is quite at the $1100 price point, with that you gave up doubles of books.  In the end you are not out $1100, that is just what the shop was asking for and you are happy with owning the #1.

Your happiness is the main goal here.  Which you have maintained.

Never let anyone take away your enjoyment.