• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2022 at 8:57 AM, Crops068 said:

You know my opinion already but here goes!

I am not sure 9.2 is quite at the $1100 price point, with that you gave up doubles of books.  In the end you are not out $1100, that is just what the shop was asking for and you are happy with owning the #1.

Your happiness is the main goal here.  Which you have maintained.

Never let anyone take away your enjoyment.

Amen! Those doubles were the last that I owned with some "real" trade value, and in my gut the Walking Dead #1 was a book among only a few that would be at price point that the trade would "happen" or that the  LCS would accept.

It'll be a coaster ride for a while, but for now I do appreciate having consolidated. Some of those doubles I had over paid for from hype long ago, so it is nice to see them fit some use toward something "new". 

Thanks @Crops068 !! And at the moment I'm content lol:headbang: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Not sure what I got here....

Using apps when I happened upon a big run at $2 a piece, I thought I'd try my hand, although I think the later issues aren't as sought after.?

IMG_20220921_114452425~2.jpg

Well the TV run is over.  Sort of.  Actually not really.  We had the final 8 episodes with one major death, Rosita.  After the mass backlash over killing Carl, they didn’t kill almost anyone.  I wish they would just stop all the spinoffs and reboot it all in 5 years.

On 11/21/2022 at 9:04 AM, BladeTX said:

Well the TV run is over.  Sort of.

Yep. They cheated by having a finale spin off into three (!) new series. I don't think I have the interest or stamina anymore to follow the Walking Dead universe.

On 9/21/2022 at 11:51 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not sure what I got here....

Using apps when I happened upon a big run at $2 a piece, I thought I'd try my hand, although I think the later issues aren't as sought after.?

IMG_20220921_114452425~2.jpg

I wouldn’t be concerned with $2 a pop as long as 9.6-9.8.  132 is first Alpha, cool book to own.

On 11/21/2022 at 4:27 PM, BladeTX said:

I wouldn’t be concerned with $2 a pop as long as 9.6-9.8.  132 is first Alpha, cool book to own.

Just saw this on something bigger than a phone.  127 is cool too.  Time skip after All Out War.  First Magna, Yumiko, Luke, Kelly.   All of these were at the peak so plenty out there but 127 and 132 will remain sought after.

On 11/22/2022 at 9:40 PM, BladeTX said:

Just saw this on something bigger than a phone.  127 is cool too.  Time skip after All Out War.  First Magna, Yumiko, Luke, Kelly.   All of these were at the peak so plenty out there but 127 and 132 will remain sought after.

Ya I picked up #1 a page back, owned #27&#100 for the longest, but these were easy as bin dives. I think I'll keep as readers most likely, idk.

They look mostly in nice shape, still 9.8 or bust I don't think it can be done, especially with no press to save on cost vs value.

It is appreciated for the feedback,as there were more in the run at the time, but I tried key collector app  Not sure if it was hit or miss. All #'s i think were after #130 well #127 being the lone issue before 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/22/2022 at 9:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I picked up #1 a page back, owned #27&#100 for the longest, but these were easy as bin dives. I think I'll keep as readers most likely, idk.

They look mostly in nice shape, still 9.8 or bust I don't think it can be done, especially with no press to save on cost vs value.

It is appreciated for the feedback,as there were more in the run at the time, but I tried key collector app  Not sure if it was hit or miss. All #'s i think were after #130 well #127 being the lone issue before 

Still I'm glad to have them, been fun to flip through

I picked this up not too long ago and just posted it on my comicartfans account. Early appearance of Negan/Lucille with Carl. :)

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1877211

Heh, just noticed too. Issue #105, that it's published in, came out in December, 2012. 10 years ago now. :cry:

Edited by Phill the Governor

While many that have been following this thread for as long as it has been active probably already have this book, but yesterday I was able to pickup TWD #19 CGC 9.8 at Fan Expo Chicago. I traded one of my Secret Wars 8 which was a newstand + mark jewelers in a CGC 9.4 along with a small amount of cash to one of the dealers. I could of sold the SW8 myself, but being able to trade for one of my modern day grails was worth it. Now from the big books in this series all I am pretty much missing from the collection is #1-5 which I hope to get over the next few years.

On 8/12/2023 at 9:01 PM, captainzombie said:

While many that have been following this thread for as long as it has been active probably already have this book, but yesterday I was able to pickup TWD #19 CGC 9.8 at Fan Expo Chicago. I traded one of my Secret Wars 8 which was a newstand + mark jewelers in a CGC 9.4 along with a small amount of cash to one of the dealers. I could of sold the SW8 myself, but being able to trade for one of my modern day grails was worth it. Now from the big books in this series all I am pretty much missing from the collection is #1-5 which I hope to get over the next few years.

Awesome!

Are you going for all 9.8s?

I really wanted to have all the keys in 9.8 but that trick was just too expensive to pull off so I ended up with:

1 - 9.6

2 - 9.4

3 - 9.6

4 - 9.4

5 - 9.4 signed by Kirkman

6 - 9.6

7 - 9.8

8 - 9.8

9 - 9.8

10 - 9.8

19 - 9.8

27 - 9.8

100 - 9.8 (McFarlane variant signed by McFarlane and Kirkman

On 8/15/2023 at 12:46 PM, lostboys said:

Awesome!

Are you going for all 9.8s?

I really wanted to have all the keys in 9.8 but that trick was just too expensive to pull off so I ended up with:

1 - 9.6

2 - 9.4

3 - 9.6

4 - 9.4

5 - 9.4 signed by Kirkman

6 - 9.6

7 - 9.8

8 - 9.8

9 - 9.8

10 - 9.8

19 - 9.8

27 - 9.8

100 - 9.8 (McFarlane variant signed by McFarlane and Kirkman

That is awesome that you have the entire first 10 books.

Every single slab that I have for TWD is in a 9.8. I will try to get books 1-5 in a 9.8 if I can, but I do fear that #1 may end up being a 9.6 if the prices do not come down any further. Like you said, these earlier books are just way too expensive.

I am missing about 50 books total from looking at my CLZ app, which is not too bad considering the size of this series.

On 8/15/2023 at 1:59 PM, captainzombie said:

That is awesome that you have the entire first 10 books.

Every single slab that I have for TWD is in a 9.8. I will try to get books 1-5 in a 9.8 if I can, but I do fear that #1 may end up being a 9.6 if the prices do not come down any further. Like you said, these earlier books are just way too expensive.

I am missing about 50 books total from looking at my CLZ app, which is not too bad considering the size of this series.

Every book you have is graded 9.8?

If so...wow, thats very cool.

I have the complete series but only the books I listed before are graded.

All the raw books are around 9.4 - 9.6 ish though.

TWD and ASM are what Ive been focused on the past 3 years but im out of money now.

Time to just sit back and enjoy them until I pass them on to the kids.

:cheers:

On 8/15/2023 at 1:25 PM, lostboys said:

Every book you have is graded 9.8?

If so...wow, thats very cool.

I have the complete series but only the books I listed before are graded.

All the raw books are around 9.4 - 9.6 ish though.

TWD and ASM are what Ive been focused on the past 3 years but im out of money now.

Time to just sit back and enjoy them until I pass them on to the kids.

:cheers:

Sorry, I should of been more clear. The ones that I have slabbed are:

• #6 (9.8)
  • #7 (9.8)
  • #8 (9.8)
  • #9 (9.8)
  • #10 (9.8) 
  • #25 (9.8)
  • #27 (9.8)
  • #33 (9.8)
  • #53 (9.8)
  • #61 (9.8)
  • #100 (9.8)
  • #193 (9.8)

All of the rest of the books are raw and I am missing about 50 books total from having a complete set.

It would be awesome to slab the entire series. When I got back into collecting comics, TWD was the one series I was set out to collect and then of course I got sidetracked. I'm also a ASM, Batman, and Spawn fan.....so you can only imagine how much I have gotten sidetracked. I bet the amount of money I spent on some of these other books, I could have finished up this collection along with having #1-5 in 9.8's. Taking a stupid detour and should of stayed focused.

I'm like you, and hopefully my kids can enjoy this stuff down the road.

Edited by captainzombie