• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Ordering 26 should get you 2.6 copies, it's only a one in 10 variant. Sounds like they're trying to you.

Not hardly...you need to get your books online Brian...I can hook you up as they've been really good with the books...everything I get (except for a rare 9.6) is 9.8. Then again, I don't order those low quality Marvels... :shrug:

I asked in another thread who you get your books from and got no reply. (shrug)

Sorry dude...I'll PM you info as I'll also give you the ops guy so you can get a "here's my expectation" conversation with him before you start.

Ordering 26 should get you 2.6 copies, it's only a one in 10 variant. Sounds like they're trying to you.

Not hardly...you need to get your books online Brian...I can hook you up as they've been really good with the books...everything I get (except for a rare 9.6) is 9.8. Then again, I don't order those low quality Marvels... :shrug:

Now hold. If you're looking for a low quality story, DC's for you (barring Vertigo)!

Pat

Boooooo

Well actually that may be true nowadays...couldn't tell you...the only DC title I pick up is HOM and Jonah Hex, and they rock!

My lcs wanted ebay prices for the one they had. It had a huge ding on the spine so I passed.

Out of curiosity, what did your lcs want for theirs? Mine had 3-4 of them for $20 each. Now I'm not feeling generous about giving them business. :censored:

I downsized my order today and left the books there. Not before the cashier genius takes a book out of my bag to get the price....and I said "WTF"?

I liked it, it was just a short read..... :P

Actually, I expected a bit more out of a landmark issue (shrug)

I still loved the art, and the mood Charlie is able to set with his illustrations and the character's facial expressions was outstanding!

Another very fast reading issue, but I really like how issue 49 and 50 were done. Following one of the most intense comics ever written created high expectations, and I think Kirkman and Adlard continue to do an incredible job.

Anyone get the "Superhero" variant cover?

My LCS wasn't interested in ordering above their usual numbers for the issue, so I made a deal with them that they bump their order to 50 and I'd buy all the additional copies if they gave me the variants. I expected to get 2 variants... but the ratio was 1:10 so I ended up with 5 :eek:

If you're looking for a low quality story, DC's for you (barring Vertigo)!

Pat

wow - if Johns Action Comics, JSA, and Green Lantern, Morrison Batman and All-Star Superman, Andreyko Manhunter, Gray/Palmiotti Jonah Hex, and this week's Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam! are low quality - please let me know the real quality books on the stands - I'm about to discover the greatest comics reading day of my life! :D

My lcs wanted ebay prices for the one they had. It had a huge ding on the spine so I passed.

Out of curiosity, what did your lcs want for theirs? Mine had 3-4 of them for $20 each. Now I'm not feeling generous about giving them business. :censored:

I downsized my order today and left the books there. Not before the cashier genius takes a book out of my bag to get the price....and I said "WTF"?

My LCS sold me my copy for $5.99.

That was the price I was EXPECTING...I got the Wrightson HOM variant a few weeks ago for $5...kinda confused why they wanted $20 for it. It only proved to alienate me as a customer.

I liked it, it was just a short read..... :P

Actually, I expected a bit more out of a landmark issue (shrug)

I still loved the art, and the mood Charlie is able to set with his illustrations and the character's facial expressions was outstanding!

Actually, the kid's expressions reminds me A LOT like Carol...kinda freaky when Carl had that sheet eating grin after killing the zombies.

This issue....wow...nothing happened...the biggest thing is that they are showing us what the impact of this terrible environment is having on the young one.

I don't like how he's left some of the characters out of the loop; it's frankly a slap in my face since he's invested my time into them...he just needs to kill em off or whatever, but we should know their status...even a hint that they may merge into a future storyline...something...

For the first time in as long as I can remember, there's no cliffhanger at the end and it basically ends the way it starts... :P

Yeah, I thought there shoulda been more out of issue 50. It was too short.

Kirkman should have just had the kid go off the deep end and had him follow-up that gun-play with him throwing some rocks or swinging an ax at those zombies. Get a little more over-the-top passion/insanity in there. :mad::sumo::mad:

If you're looking for a low quality story, DC's for you (barring Vertigo)!

Pat

wow - if Johns Action Comics, JSA, and Green Lantern, Morrison Batman and All-Star Superman, Andreyko Manhunter, Gray/Palmiotti Jonah Hex, and this week's Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam! are low quality - please let me know the real quality books on the stands - I'm about to discover the greatest comics reading day of my life! :D

It was partly made in jest.

Johns is the bright aspect of DC. I'll only buy Action Comics if he does it. JSA has been staple in both volumes.

Still not that impressed with Green Lantern. Not bad, not good.

I really have to disagree with Morrison's Batman. One of the biggest disappointments, IMO.

As much as I don't like Superman, All-Star is frickin' awesome. I sure wish this book would continue.

Is the Shazam book the one by Kunkel? I love Kunkel. But the page quality and coloring were so poor, I passed on it.

Dumped Jonah Hex awhile. It was getting really slow in the early 20s. Has it picked up or is it about the same?

Haven't read the Manhunter.

Pat

Same here Old Guy, no sticker shock for my purchase.

Johns is the bright aspect of DC. I'll only buy Action Comics if he does it. JSA has been staple in both volumes.

Still not that impressed with Green Lantern. Not bad, not good.

I really have to disagree with Morrison's Batman. One of the biggest disappointments, IMO.

As much as I don't like Superman, All-Star is frickin' awesome. I sure wish this book would continue.

Is the Shazam book the one by Kunkel? I love Kunkel. But the page quality and coloring were so poor, I passed on it.

Dumped Jonah Hex awhile. It was getting really slow in the early 20s. Has it picked up or is it about the same?

Haven't read the Manhunter.

Pat

Morrison's first few issues of Batman weren't the best, but if you haven't given RIP a shot, jump on board. Kunkel is doing Shazam! Don't let the page quality keep you away. And Walking Dead is awesome (on topic :D )