• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 5 or 10 Best Scandals in Comic History?

59 posts in this topic

Marvel's refusal to return Kirby's artwork to him.

DC's treatment of Seigel and Shuster.

The 1990s.

Marvel's refusal to return artwork is not a scandal. He didn't own it. Marvel did. Now that may seem unfair, but Marvel owned the art work and they paid him for it.

1. Marvel decides to self-distribute their comics by taking over Heroes Distribution. Leads to collapse of Capitol City, Destiny Distributors, Styx Dist'n (MB, Canada), and even Heroes Distribution itself. Massive amount of comic retailers complain about the cut in their discounts, increase in shipping rates (esp. to Canada even though the comics were printed by Quebecor in PQ, Canada) because they had to order from at least 2 or 3 distributors (reorders from Bulldog for hot/speculated comics). :P Diamond fights for market share and consolidates the industry after the debacle. :sumo:

My current business partners owned a comic book store in Atlanta for over 20 years. They bought all their books from Capitol City. When Capitol went down they became so fed up with Diamond and their policies they closed their doors and focused all their energy into their other business. I was young at the time but I would have loved to bought their inventory.

(2) PCS - within the slabbed community at least

Oh boy was that a great thread. Imagine if PCS was able to set up, ran for about a year and then we had a Ewart/trimming fiasco that was linked back to PCS in some form and Steve B was found to be a shareholder afterall. hm We should thank the good people of these boards for averting what could have been the second coming of the Cuban missile crisis.

I'm not sure because I'm Silver to the bone, but I heard a lot of people person_without_enough_empathying about the One More Day ret-con stuff. I wouldn't know because Gwen Stacy was alive and well (and ol' Peter wasn't dating yet) when I stopped "reading" my comics. I think the last issue I read was when the Rhino introduced himself to Web-head. What can I say...I'm old.

How Chuck Rozanski discovered the Mile High collection but struggles financially today<

that's not a scandel, that's just stupid financial decisions.

:signfunny:

What he did with the Edgar Church collection was a scandal.