• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nonpyaing ebay bidder

11 posts in this topic

I have a non-responding non-paying bidder. Good feedback, but inactive for the last month since bidding on my stuff. Said he was in the hospital and would be paying the next week --- that was a month ago. Is it worth going the NPB route nowadays (for $50) and face a retaliatory negative I can't even respond to. I've sent a couple of polite reminders and such. I dunno, I have 1000+ perfect feedback on ebay on my selling account and don't want to mess that up (particularly because it's my joint account with my wife). Of course, the guy might be dead or in a coma and then I'd feel like a real person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed pestering him about this....

How long do I have after a sale to file my NPB? Or is it when I invoice? (Yeah, I could read the rules myself, but...) The fees are a couple of bucks I guess.

Probably not worth the effort. He was the only bidder anyway.

You have 45 days to file an Unpaid Item Dispute.

"If the seller files an Unpaid Item dispute against a buyer, any negative or neutral Feedback left by that buyer will be removed if the buyer does not respond to the dispute before the deadline, and receives a strike."

But all the buyers know this, and always reply with *something* (even "I'll never pay you sorry SOB!!!" is good enough) and the Neg they post stands.

These new Ebay rules are absolutely horrible, and I'm just a buyer. Sellers are being bent over, and I can see the majority of prime collectibles dealers dropping out.

I had this happen before the rule change and I'm sure it will continue after the rule change. I usually gave the winning bidder about a week and then just re-listed the item. End of story.

i dont think a buyer with good feedback is going to leave you negative feedback for filing a NPB dispute when he didnt pay.

Good buyers with good feedback tend to pay.

Man, this new EBay CEO must have a huge bet with Bill Gates on how quickly he can get canned.

EBay buyers are defaulting on payments, doing charge-backs, extorting lower prices, and negging like madmen, even hitting EBay's scared cow mega-sellers - it's a real zoo out there. You'd have to be brain-dead to list on EBay right now. :screwy:

But this auction did make me smile a bit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Go-Ahead-Neg-Me-Man-Woman-Win-the-auction-and-neg-me_W0QQitemZ280230016844QQihZ018QQcategoryZ317QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Man, this new EBay CEO must have a huge bet with Bill Gates on how quickly he can get canned.

EBay buyers are defaulting on payments, doing charge-backs, extorting lower prices, and negging like madmen, even hitting EBay's scared cow mega-sellers - it's a real zoo out there. You'd have to be brain-dead to list on EBay right now. :screwy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Go-Ahead-Neg-Me-Man-Woman-Win-the-auction-and-neg-me_W0QQitemZ280230016844QQihZ018QQcategoryZ317QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:signfunny:lollol

best of luck to this guy - the number of people who are into this is just amazing

That is hilarious. Think ebay noticed the overwhelming response? lol