• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fighting Yank 12 question

13 posts in this topic

Since I am not a guru of golden age stuff, I wanted to throw this out to you all :)

I came across someone who has about 25 golden age books to sell. He sent me a picture of HIS Fighting Yank 12. I then decided to try and get some idea of value and came across a NM copy for sale at Metropolis....but the covers aren't the same!

Can someone give me an idea of why that is?

Thanks,

Steve

For sale copy

fightingyank.jpg

Metro copy

yank12.jpg

Yes but what would be the value of the book?

Steve as a general rule Canadian editions (blank inside cover I think) would fetch 1/2 of a regular US book. I think this is because they were printed elsewhere and are not from the same print run. You may pay a greater % for a key or a tough book (or a desireable Timely etc) but 1/2 is the rule of thumb that I have heard.

R.

Thanks Roy,

I don't have the book in hand so I am going to ask the owner to look inside the cover and see if it is truly blank. That would help alot in deciding to buy or not.

Steve

That's my experience with other titles like Sensation and Whiz. Not sure how Nedor did it.

Good luck.

Thanks Roy,

I don't have the book in hand so I am going to ask the owner to look inside the cover and see if it is truly blank. That would help alot in deciding to buy or not.

Steve

The interior covers will not be blank on Nedor Canadian editions.

West

Thanks Roy,

Steve

The interior covers will not be blank on Nedor Canadian editions.

West

There you go...that's why I qualified it later.

Thanks West.

How scarce are Canadian Nedors - I don't think I've seen one before.

I realize all Canadian editions are comparitively scarce, but some publishers seem more common than others.