• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Dragon #6 (#2)

6 posts in this topic

Any idea of the scarcity of this issue?

This is another book from this small collection....

Red Dragon Comics #6(No.2) (First Series) Street & Smith Pub. March,1943 - Fine/Fine+ condition ; Origin of the Black Crusader and the Red Dragon, first story and cover appearance of the Red Dragon, classic cover WW2 Jap cover!

Thanks again,

Steve

reddragon.jpg

Any idea of the scarcity of this issue?

This is another book from this small collection....

Red Dragon Comics #6(No.2) (First Series) Street & Smith Pub. March,1943 - Fine/Fine+ condition ; Origin of the Black Crusader and the Red Dragon, first story and cover appearance of the Red Dragon, classic cover WW2 Jap cover!

Thanks again,

Steve

reddragon.jpg

very nice. i think this issue is a fairly rare one; i put the run together in about 18 months, and this was one of the last. the hardest one is the ray blowing out the jap's viscera thru his ribs, vol. 1, #3 [both it and yours are called 'classic' by o'street]. here it is in this group shot.

reddragons.jpg

THOSE are very cool covers! I am not a golden age guy so I really don't see many books but that is a nice run! The owner "claims" the book to be in the fine range and looking at overstreet it states around a $500 book?

Steve

THOSE are very cool covers! I am not a golden age guy so I really don't see many books but that is a nice run! The owner "claims" the book to be in the fine range and looking at overstreet it states around a $500 book?

Steve

I can't speak to rarity, but there is a 0% chance the book is in the fine range with that deep sub-crease down the center.

Steve

I can't speak to rarity, but there is a 0% chance the book is in the fine range with that deep sub-crease down the center.

exactly; 4.5'ish is what it looks like. this book is one that would be an about guide book, with the one after it being the only above-guide issue in the run.