• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk #1 CGC 9.0 offwhite to white pages

58 posts in this topic

How about the forum debutants? The last really good deb party I intended was the one in 1985 at the Myers Park cc in Charlotte NC. Those debs could probably really help this Hulk 1 buyer. But seriously now, didn't good old Bob just have a post somewhere where he talked about not "burying" someone in a book and how fairly he priced things and how differently he did things than that evil seller who bamboozled that guy into buying those Spidey books at crazy prices! No one that has this kind of money to spend on books should ever claim to to be taken advantage of - no one made anybody buy a $20K or $100K comic book. Perhaps those buyers could claim sheer stupidity. I saw the price on that Hulk 1 and I thought it was a joke - or off by at least $6000 too much. But somebody thought it was a real good idea. Maybe the market will come up to the price one day. But as with a lot of prices on the growing number of museum sites, one must wonder where that price came from. Kind of like the insanely priced FF 12 9.4 at over $20,000. Now how is a price like that much different than waht transpired with that Spidey 1 and the whale last year? Always nice to see the jealousy of the NYC dealers bubbling over. Because we all know that there is only one way to do things - and it is best to have a store or site where prices are essentially carved in stone and as non-negotiable as the price of that gallon of gas at the 7-11.

I think the price was fair. Most people complain about buying keys like this but dont think they are worth it. Most people say " it's only worth 18k in the guide" but a guide is only a guide, nothing more. Try finding a hulk 1 in 9.0 at any given time before or after a movie release. I would bet every dollar I have that it would topple guide price. If you want a book, and it's hard to find in high grade, you either cough up the cash or wait for the next person in line to buy it because if you dont, someone else will. Did anyone notice it sold in 24 hours? There was more than one person asking for it too. If I had the cash, I would have negotiated a price but it wouldn't have been too far off from askin g price. If I had the book, it would not leave my site for less than 25k. Crash, crash, crash, its all I hear in here but if it does crash, i'll be waiting with all you guys to buy these books and price goes up again! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ok here comes the replies about the crash. All I have to say is baseball card market. IFanyone knows what keys like jordan rookie cards sell for in mint grades, you know that it has been here long before professional comic grading and the cards still demand multiples of guide. Jordan sold for over 75k in mint! It' s still here. makepoint.gif

i have a jordan rookie card....sgc 96. grin.gif

SELL IT!

Buy more comics.

that i will hold onto. It is nice having the rookie of the best player in the history of the game IMO (respect of course to Russell,Bird,Chamberlin,Erving,Johnson).

i have a jordan rookie card....sgc 96. grin.gif

SELL IT!

Buy more comics.

that i will hold onto. It is nice having the rookie of the best player in the history of the game IMO (respect of course to Russell,Bird,Chamberlin,Erving,Johnson).

...James...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It is nice having the rookie of the best player in the history of the game IMO (respect of course to Russell,Bird,Chamberlin,Erving,Johnson).

...James...

Me? acclaim.gif

Oh, maybe you meant LeBron. sorry.gif He doesn't penetrate as well as I thought he might, but who knows, maybe he will eventually. I agree with one of the announcers...he looks more like an Oscar Robertson than a Michael Jordan. The most breathtaking player to watch in history is Jordan from 1986 to 1989...man o man, nobody's ever achieved that high an individual level in basketball, and if Sports Illustrated is at all credible in picking him as the athlete of the century, any sport.

I think the price was fair. Most people complain about buying keys like this but dont think they are worth it. Most people say " it's only worth 18k in the guide" but a guide is only a guide, nothing more. Try finding a hulk 1 in 9.0 at any given time before or after a movie release. I would bet every dollar I have that it would topple guide price. If you want a book, and it's hard to find in high grade, you either cough up the cash or wait for the next person in line to buy it because if you dont, someone else will. Did anyone notice it sold in 24 hours? There was more than one person asking for it too. If I had the cash, I would have negotiated a price but it wouldn't have been too far off from askin g price. If I had the book, it would not leave my site for less than 25k. Crash, crash, crash, its all I hear in here but if it does crash, i'll be waiting with all you guys to buy these books and price goes up again! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ok here comes the replies about the crash. All I have to say is baseball card market. IFanyone knows what keys like jordan rookie cards sell for in mint grades, you know that it has been here long before professional comic grading and the cards still demand multiples of guide. Jordan sold for over 75k in mint! It' s still here. makepoint.gif

Excuse me, but it appears that you're neglecting to consider the undeniable fact that the comic book market is crashing. 893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif