• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,461 posts in this topic

Just got a copy of #1!!! Just need to pay off the last little bit, and I am home free!

Nice! Now show us a picture :)

What grade?

Ill take scans in a week or 2 when I get the book in hand.. It is a raw 8.5/9.0 that I plan on having pressed in time for Heroes this summer!! :headbang:

:gossip: It was the nice raw copy Phigam has been pushin

Ahhh cool. Good to see it staying in the community.

soooo good...now, how long he has it after heroes con is another story (:

Just got a copy of #1!!! Just need to pay off the last little bit, and I am home free!

What grade?

Ill take scans in a week or 2 when I get the book in hand.. It is a raw 8.5/9.0 that I plan on having pressed in time for Heroes this summer!! :headbang:

Depending on how long WB will take, I may hold it until the movie drops. If it is done well and is popular, first prints will be going through the roof! :wishluck:

I think a lot of people have been waiting for an adult 100% CGI film!

What grade?

Depending on how long WB will take, I may hold it until the movie drops. If it is done well and is popular, first prints will be going through the roof! :wishluck:

Waiting on a Bone movie is like waiting on a Sandman movie - good luck with that (thumbs u

What grade?

Waiting on a Bone movie is like waiting on a Sandman movie - good luck with that (thumbs u

:signfunny:

And as a life-long Sandman fan, also painfully sad... :sorry:

I must admit.. I havent read all of Bone..

Do you guys prefer it in B+W or should I pick up the Scholastic series in color?

evan, i still haven't made up my mind on this...the scholastic read is awesome! but there are definitely some issues (ie 16) which work better as the original black and white...

i don't think you can go wrong with either, personally (thumbs u

What grade?

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/03/09/warner-bros-grabs-bone/

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/warner-to-make-jeff-smiths-bone-movie/

http://www.boneville.com/2008/03/13/bone-to-warner-bros/

doesn't look as unlikely as making a sandman movie, to me :shrug:

i'm not saying its coming out next summer or anything, but...well, i hope it gets made (:

i think warner brothers will do better than nickelodeon did (from what i've read)...also, the scholastic copies have been selling like hotcakes to little kids...sounds like a winning recipe for warner brothers if you ask me (:

Went to one of my local stores today, and lo & behold in the new arrivals-box, there was a stack of signed, 1st print Bone's (nothing below #4, though). I grabbed the nicest copies, and walked away with a #1 (3rd print), 4, 6, 9-15 and the Wizard 13 1/2 in NM-/NM condition for $2-3 each - all of them signed, about half of them with little Fone Bone sketches as well.

bone-6-sketched.jpg

When I was re-bagging them at home, I came across this on the back of one of the backing boards:

jeff-smith-sketch.jpg

^^ (even though my name ain't Hilton)

Went to one of my local stores today, and lo & behold in the new arrivals-box, there was a stack of signed, 1st print Bone's (nothing below #4, though). I grabbed the nicest copies, and walked away with a #1 (3rd print), 4, 6, 9-15 and the Wizard 13 1/2 in NM-/NM condition for $2-3 each - all of them signed, about half of them with little Fone Bone sketches as well.

bone-6-sketched.jpg

When I was re-bagging them at home, I came across this on the back of one of the backing boards:

jeff-smith-sketch.jpg

^^ (even though my name ain't Hilton)

:headbang:

can you post a scan of #9 :cloud9:

bone-6-sketched.jpg

Some sweet pick-ups Mr. Schmidt! :) This #6 though is a reprint. I see the "3rd print" notation on your #1 so I don't know if you knew this or not about the #6. The first print has a red title.