• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,460 posts in this topic

Went to one of my local stores today, and lo & behold in the new arrivals-box, there was a stack of signed, 1st print Bone's (nothing below #4, though). I grabbed the nicest copies, and walked away with a #1 (3rd print), 4, 6, 9-15 and the Wizard 13 1/2 in NM-/NM condition for $2-3 each - all of them signed, about half of them with little Fone Bone sketches as well.

bone-6-sketched.jpg

Some sweet pick-ups Mr. Schmidt! :) This #6 though is a reprint. I see the "3rd print" notation on your #1 so I don't know if you knew this or not about the #6. The first print has a red title.

Yep, scanned the wrong book and was too lazy to change it - I picked up both a signed 1st print #6 and a later one as well (thumbs u

:news:

it's official!

I have just finished negotiating with Robert (crackbacks) for the entire #1 Bone registry set!

:banana::acclaim: :acclaim: :banana:

I should have them in hand by mid march :) it seems almost surreal...like i'm dreaming or something lol

WOOOOOOOOOO- F'inG- HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

it's official!

I have just finished negotiating with Robert (crackbacks) for the entire #1 Bone registry set!

I should have them in hand by mid march :) it seems almost surreal...like i'm dreaming or something lol

Wow. Congratulations. Guess we'll be seeing a lot more Phigam sales threads, eh? :)

it's official!

Wow. Congratulations. Guess we'll be seeing a lot more Phigam sales threads, eh? :)

maybe 1 or 2 :whistle:

it's official!

:takeit: the 9.4 #1

it's official!

:takeit: the 9.4 #1

^^ for $10k

cash or MO only...i ain't paying $300 in PP fees (:

Here is the first of my recent additions to my registry set. This was not my slabbed 9.8 but a raw that I picked up early last year. Graded it as a structural 9.8 but there is a mark on the "B" that I was a little worried about. I'm assuming the graders saw it as a printing error of some sort and didn't downgrade the book :grin: . Joel handled it perfectly and Mr. Smith graced it with a Ted doodle (I know it barely qualifies as a sketch but that's simply what Ted is). The "Phoney as Captain Ahab" is a recurring theme in the series but this is his only cover.

bone13cgc98ss0956188002.jpg