• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,460 posts in this topic

Here is the first of my recent additions to my registry set. This was not my slabbed 9.8 but a raw that I picked up early last year. Graded it as a structural 9.8 but there is a mark on the "B" that I was a little worried about. I'm assuming the graders saw it as a printing error of some sort and didn't downgrade the book :grin: . Joel handled it perfectly and Mr. Smith graced it with a Ted doodle (I know it barely qualifies as a sketch but that's simply what Ted is). The "Phoney as Captain Ahab" is a recurring theme in the series but this is his only cover.

bone13cgc98ss0956188002.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

:news:

it's official!

I have just finished negotiating with Robert (crackbacks) for the entire #1 Bone registry set!

:banana::acclaim: :acclaim: :banana:

I should have them in hand by mid march :) it seems almost surreal...like i'm dreaming or something lol

WOOOOOOOOOO- F'inG- HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Wow. Congratulations. Guess we'll be seeing a lot more Phigam sales threads, eh? :)

maybe 1 or 2 :whistle:

:takeit: the 9.4 #1

^^ for $10k

cash or MO only...i ain't paying $300 in PP fees (:

Using that value, I would sell you my 9.6 for $20K :o

it's official!

I have just finished negotiating with Robert (crackbacks) for the entire #1 Bone registry set!

I should have them in hand by mid march :) it seems almost surreal...like i'm dreaming or something lol

Wow. Congratulations. Guess we'll be seeing a lot more Phigam sales threads, eh? :)

^^ for $10k

hm knock that 0 off and we'll talk :foryou:

it's official!

^^ for $10k

So ... your 9.4 is a 10k book? But gern's 9.6 is a 2k book? lol

it's official!

^^ for $10k

So ... your 9.4 is a 10k book? But gern's 9.6 is a 2k book? lol

:baiting:

So, will we be seeing the 9.2 available on the market? hm

perhaps...the 9.2 is going to get re-subbed here shortly (methinks it has an outside shot of a 9.4)...will also be subbing a raw 9.0-ish copy and an 8.0-ish copy :acclaim:

You should keep the 8.0-ish copy raw if it's for resale - you'll get a better price that way ...

This is another great cover in the series. I've had bad luck with raws of this particular book but mschmidt bailed me out by selling me this slab (and it happens to be one of the best 9.8s I've ever seen). Does anyone else like covers with rain? :D

bone16cgc980156128004.jpg

This is another great cover in the series. I've had bad luck with raws of this particular book but mschmidt bailed me out by selling me this slab (and it happens to be one of the best 9.8s I've ever seen). Does anyone else like covers with rain? :D

bone16cgc980156128004.jpg

great cover and probably one of my fav bone issues...really displays the strength of black and white comics :cloud9:

I love this issue. Gran'ma Ben storms into the forest after eavesdropping on Fone and Thorn tell each other about their dreams of the Great Red Dragon and Phoney and Lucius make their infamous wager where they split the bar in two to see who can make the most profit. The weird thing about the cover is at no point in the story are Phoney & Smiley washing dishes. Perhaps it symbolizes their present state of affairs with Lucius and how Phoney is desperately trying to get out of his debt (see The Great Cow Race for how they fell out of favor with Lucius). Anyway, I challenge anyone to find a better dishwashing cover. :/

This comic was a raw that I sent to Joel for an SS. Mr. Elad was nice enough to ask Jeff for a little sketch of Ted the Bug as well. :grin:

bone15cgc98ss0956188003.jpg

One of the great Phoney covers! Once again, this was a raw that I sent to Joel for the Flying Colors Comics signing. Jeff went much smaller with his signature back in the day which I will always prefer (you can see what I mean on some of the Qualifieds that float around), but I can't argue too much when he includes a little Ted sketch. :D

bone19cgc96ss0956188006.jpg