• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,449 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, PKJ said:

Anyone see or win the Bone 1 Raw Copy that just ended on Ebay? Looked nice. I chased it for a minute.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BONE-1-Cartoon-Books-Jeff-Smith-1st-print-RED-logo-1991/233879831512?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I got it 🙋🏻‍♂️ Bought it for a friend 

Just now, Murkadellik said:

I got it 🙋🏻‍♂️ Bought it for a friend 

Awesome, You were persistent early so I backed off. Figured there would be a barrage late. I survived the bidding war for the one on Comiclink  last month so was not as aggressive. 

8 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Awesome, You were persistent early so I backed off. Figured there would be a barrage late. I survived the bidding war for the one on Comiclink  last month so was not as aggressive. 

My friend gave me a limit and insisted I win it for him haha

What grade do you think that is? The 8.5 I saw on ComicLink recently confused me, as I have an 8.5 qualified with one or two color breaking creases while the ComicLink copy had several more. Mine was graded back in 2007 so I’m just wondering how much has changed.

The 9.8 #1 that was supposedly sold on eBay for a $12k BIN (shortly after the big Heritage $13k sale) is back on eBay. I don’t currently have a GPA subscription but the 9.6 #1 that this same seller had also supposedly sold lingered on GPA for awhile, even after it came back to eBay. I don’t know what’s going on (shrug)

21 hours ago, docgo said:

The 9.8 #1 that was supposedly sold on eBay for a $12k BIN (shortly after the big Heritage $13k sale) is back on eBay. I don’t currently have a GPA subscription but the 9.6 #1 that this same seller had also supposedly sold lingered on GPA for awhile, even after it came back to eBay. I don’t know what’s going on (shrug)

GPA only shows the 13.2K sale.  Next 9.8 prior to it is December 2019 They show the 12k Sale in November as Item recorded as sold / relisted by seller

Year Number High Low  
2020 1 $13200 $13200  
Nov-19 $13200 1001226002
Edited by PKJ

6 minutes ago, PKJ said:

GPA only shows the 13.2K sale.  Next 9.8 prior to it is December 2019 They show the 12k Sale in November as Item recorded as sold / relisted by seller

Year Number High Low  
2020 1 $13200 $13200  
Nov-19 $13200 1001226002

Ok, thank you. Given the numbering of his/her 9.8 and 9.6 books with one of them ending in 004, he could have had two each of both grades and didn’t take pics of both. Who knows 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-DARK-HORSE-BONE-HAND-PAINTED-FIGURINE-BY-JEFF-SMITH-WITH-SMALL-PRINT-385/303904376811

Not shilling and not selling anything. Just passing along to anyone interested. This is a cool collectable for Bone fans. I bought one when they first came out but threw out the box and the figurine broke due to a pet incident. :( I have been checking eBay for a decade hoping to acquire one and now suddenly there were three listed for sale. I bought my replacement last week. Happy to have it back.

Edited by Greatwhite
Grammar correction

Those are great! I've got two of them...I did a deal with a guy recently who had one that's signed by Randy Bowen, the sculptor...it was a nice addition to the collection! I've got the Red Dragon and the bookends, as well as the Smiley Bone (he doesn't have a box or a tail..lol..gotta upgrade him!). I'm always on the hunt for the rest of them if anyone has one they want to unload!

I wanted to let you guys know that I've started a Bone club on Clubhouse..if you're on there, go join! If you haven't tried the app yet, you should give it a go..it's a totally different experience than other social media platforms. I'll need a couple moderators for the group too...so shoot me a DM (I'm Scotty) if you'd like to be involved. :) 

10 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

Hey quick question, does anyone know, or know where I can find (at least a rough estimate) how many copies were printed of Bone 1-3 first print respectively? Thanks.

I’ve never seen any numbers for #2 & #3 but Jeff has said on multiple occasions that there was a print run of 3000 for the first print of #1.

11 hours ago, docgo said:

I’ve never seen any numbers for #2 & #3 but Jeff has said on multiple occasions that there was a print run of 3000 for the first print of #1.

Okay, thanks. Do you think it would probably be a similar number for 2 & 3?

7 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

Okay, thanks. Do you think it would probably be a similar number for 2 & 3?

It’s probably a good start but impossible to know. I attempted to ask Cartoon Books several years ago about the print runs of the first 11 issues but never got a response.

Then again, 99.9% of all print runs are a complete mystery.

5 hours ago, Ralph Snart said:

Just got this in.  Bought a NM copy 18 months ago and was hoping to squeeze out a 9.0 or 9.2.  I sent it off to @Rich_Henn for a pressing before grading and he worked this book up to a 9.8.

Rich is the $%#&ing man.

Boom. Let me know if you’re selling :shy:

On 3/12/2021 at 11:10 PM, Ralph Snart said:

Just got this in.  Bought a NM copy 18 months ago and was hoping to squeeze out a 9.0 or 9.2.  I sent it off to @Rich_Henn for a pressing before grading and he worked this book up to a 9.8.

Rich is the $%#&ing man.

Bone #1 Front.jpg

Ok. Who is Rich Henn? What does he do that is better? And how do I send my books to him?

That seller on eBay is questionable to me. Both his 9.6 and 9.8 were “sold” last year then were re-listed shortly afterwards with much higher prices. Could be a logical explanation to what happened but it’s all fishy to me.

The $13k sale of the CGC 9.8 #1 on Heritage last year is an anomaly so far. Haven’t seen another #1 get to half that figure as of yet but the 8.5s-9.4s are doing very well.